Flowers
Options

Plumeria in NY?

I'm getting married in June 2012 and I would love to incorporate Plumeria into my flowers (definitely my bouquet and maybe elsewhere but undecided).  Does anyone have any experience with these flowers or pointers on their use in a wedding?  They are gorgeous, especially if I pair them with Orchids or Lilies, but I am worried about not being able to get them in NY or them being a difficult flower to work with.  Thank you for your input!

Re: Plumeria in NY?

• Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    all of the above!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted plumeria too!  We got engaged in Hawaii and have a few tropical touches to our wedding.  We were told that we couldn't get plumeria because they don't ship them (they're too fragile and turn brown).  You may have better luck in your area, but that's the bottom line for here, apparently.  anyways, we're using tuberose instead.  My bouquet will be of pink garden flowers (backyard wedding) with a few tuberose as accents.  FI's boutonniere is orchid with tuberose.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm more or less looking for somewhere in NY that grows Plumeria and will sell the plant/tree to me within the week (or two) before my wedding.  My grandmother is my florist, so I do not need to find a florist who works with Plumeria to put arrangements together, I just need the flower itself.  Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards