Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Work Out?!

Hi,
I'm getting married next March and I wanted to know the exercise routines you all tried or are going to try. I attend UT Arlington college, so I may be going to their gym. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Work Out?!

• Options
    If you can... check out and see if there are any Camp Gladiator workout camps near where you are. I know I'm not the only one that LOVES them.
  • Options
    I have been doing treadmill and elliptical at the gym then when I get home I have been doing 5 lb dumbbells (different arm work outs, search onlne for a samples) while I watch TV. Plus I have been keeping my diet simple with eating only healthy stuff.....been doing this for the past 6 months and have lost 10 lbs.

It is simple but it seems to be working for me. Everyone is different just try different things to see what works for you. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks ladies.My problem is having that "push" from others,so I may look into that Boot Camp and I love Zumba as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a 24 hour fitness member and they have zumba classes.

I already worked out when I was planning my wedding so I focused more on my diet and also added walking every day to my regular workouts. I lost about 8 lbs. total and kept it off until my wedding. 

Two weeks before my wedding, I cut out sodas of any kind, and really tried to reduce my salt intake as much as I could.  I highly recommend trying this.
  • Options
    I do treadmill and elipticles for 30 minutes and then do weights changing up arms one day and legs another back another shoulders another. Sometimes combining two of them.  

If you need help with the "push" I find 3 ways of doing this if I'm having to work out on my own. First I read through the getting in shape on TK. They have a workout accountability every day of the week and advice on what to do. I also use myfitnesspal.com to keep track of what I should be/what I am eating to lose the weight I want. Then I get on pinterest fitness and see what I want to look like and get motivational tips...that gets my head wrapped around it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to add that when I was planning the PX90 or whatever that thing is was very popular.
  • Options
    FI and I were doing P90X (the classic version). I only lost a few pounds in about a month and a half, but I was also gaining a lot of muscle mass (because you do lots of weight exercises). Also, I didn't have a whole lot to lose, so that may have been part of it. I did lose a few inches in my waistline and FELT so much healthier/in shape which is what I was going for. FI lost a lot more...I want to say around 10 pounds.

It was really great and I like it but we have recently fallen off the wagon (for the past few weeks). We are starting up again this weekend, but I think we're going to try the lean cycle instead of classic. It has more cardio days, which was really my only complaint about the classic. (It had a lot of weight lifting but not as many hardcore cardio workouts.) You use the same set of DVDs but just use a different calendar for what to do on what day. 

Anyway, I think it's a great tool...and if you had a friend or FI who would want to do it with you, that really helps with motivation. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I lift heavy weights and some cardio typically treadmill or stepmill. I'm an LA Fitness member. The past 7 years I've competed in NPC figure competions so the heavy weights have been something I've been doing for over 10 years. That being said I went to a kickboxing class at Title Boxing Club that just opened in Plano and I must say that was one hell of a workout. I hadn't done that in 4 years and it's bag work not that mamby pamby Tae o crap either. So I would suggest that,it was awesome and one of the quickest ways to really lean out. So now I'm also a Title Boxing Club member. I know there is a new one on Midway and Frankford in Dallas and one in Frisco.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    You could do the elliptical at the MAC. Idk if they have free classes. But they have a few different kinds of workout equipment. 

The best part is? You've already paid for it with your tuition.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_work-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4e3612b9-10e8-4a12-b28d-2568fd356145Post:ca50f69a-d722-4a27-9d08-fcd445a67c89">Re: Work Out?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you can... check out and see if there are any Camp Gladiator workout camps near where you are. I know I'm not the only one that LOVES them.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]
    Me too! Me too! CG LOVE
  • Options
    I know Baylor had classes called Bearobics (cute, right?) free for all students, and a lot of my friends loved them, so I would imagine most schools with a gym would have something similar.

As for me, I am horribly unmotivated.  I've started looking up "running advice for non-runners" stuff on Pinterest and trying out a few of them.  I would say find a friend and just get out there.  You're much more likely to hold yourself accountable if someone else is working out with you. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    I've heard of GC and it seems awesome. My boot camp of choice so far though is DFW Adventure. They're fantastic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards