Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Help Please!

I need help with some song suggestions for my father-daughter dance. Here is a list of songs I am considering:

Butterfly Kisses, Bob Carlisle
I Learned From You, Miley Cyrus/Billy Ray Cyrus
Love Without End, Amen, George Strait
My Little Girl, Tim McGraw
Ready, Set, Don't Go, Billy Ray Cyrus
You Can Let Go Now Daddy, Crystal Shawanda
You'll Alway Be My Baby, Sara Evans
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

Now, I'm having a very traditional wedding, and I don't want my song choices to clash too much with that. Also, my dad likes groups such as Bob Seger, Beach Boys, Elton John, Queen, Chicago, etc. I would like to choose a song from an artist that he likes. In the end, I'm going to present my dad with a list of songs from him to choose from- I want the final choice to be his. But I would like that list to include artists that he likes.

Thanks for any input!

P.S. Oh, and I am really against any songs that talk about love from a partner/husband and wife point of view. That would be weird to have lyrics talking about that kind of intimate love when you're dancing with your father...
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help Please!

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Instead of giving your dad your list, why not just let him choose what he wants?  You're overthinking if you think that one song will "clash" with your vision of a traditional wedding.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    miss.jawrightmiss.jawright member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I like all of them but butterfly Kisses, Bob Carlisle (over played) and I Don't Want To Miss A Thing (I don't know why I just don't. :) But I agree with the pp. Maybe ask your dad to give you a list and then help narrow down his list. However I know my dad would probably want me to give him a list so he did't have to think too much about it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards