Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

DIY Music?

Has anyone done music for their own wedding using an IPOD or CD?  If so, did you buy a lighting package separately or did you just go without it?

Re: DIY Music?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good question.  I am getting married in October and planning on doing ipod music.  Hoping it is not a pain in the booty.  Our lighting is thru the hotel though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a good freind choose from some playlists on my laptop (which will hopefully be hooked up to the sound system if we can figure out how...) and I also have a list of things for him to announce (such as father/daughter dance and mother/son dance, dollar dance...etc.) but my question is----How much should I offer to pay him? I don't want to look too cheap and only give him $50 or something but I don't want to pay him like $800 cuz he's just a freind and definately not professional....what do you ladies think?!?

*soon to be Mrs. Wegg*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_diy-music-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:9a244ab8-792c-4a43-8668-a7a28897cae4Post:3e8cba06-f5db-45dd-bd92-8a70a8052d9a">Re: DIY Music?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having a good freind choose from some playlists on my laptop (which will hopefully be hooked up to the sound system if we can figure out how...) and I also have a list of things for him to announce (such as father/daughter dance and mother/son dance, dollar dance...etc.) but my question is----How much should I offer to pay him? I don't want to look too cheap and only give him $50 or something but I don't want to pay him like $800 cuz he's just a freind and definately not professional....what do you ladies think?!? *soon to be Mrs. Wegg*
    Posted by Ashley*sing4evr[/QUOTE]
    I play cello and have played for several friends weddings...the best way to thank them is with a nice card and a gift card. That way its not weird paying your friend and I'm sure he will appreciate it.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    jenhen13jenhen13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow you will get what you pay for. a friend helping.....will no longer be a friend when they mess your wedding all up. hire a pro dj. i went with Matt at Center Stage productions 306-1084. Just spend some money and get it done right. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards