Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Mumford & Sons-type wedding band - Are there any? (NJ Wedding Oct 2013)

Hi everyone, 

I am newly engaged and have hit the ground running with wedding planning! My fiancé and I absolutely love the band Mumford and Sons (and Punch Brothers for that matter) and would love to incorporate their sound in our wedding. 

We've been trying to find bluegrass/progressive bluegrass bands in our area but haven't been too successful. Many of the bluegrass bands have older members who wouldn't necessarily get the vibe we're going for. 

Do you know of any bands that fit the bill in this regard? Did you have them at your wedding and did you like them? 

Any help is appreciated! 

Samantha

Re: Mumford & Sons-type wedding band - Are there any? (NJ Wedding Oct 2013)

• Options
    Hi - this is typically a question best moved to the local board, but I will leave it here since you are looking for such a specific genre of band.  However I do recommend that you post this question on the local NJ board, and possibly the surrounding areas (South NJ, NYC, etc.  Just be sure to put XP (for "cross posted") if you ask the same question on multiple boards.)

Local board links are to the left under Local Wedding Boards.
    <------------------

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Hi Samantha wondering if you had any luck finding such a band -- my fiance and I are searching for the same type of wedding band and would love any advice or options you may have discovered in your search. Our wedding is in May 2013

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_mumford-sons-type-wedding-band-are-there-any-nj-wedding-oct-2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:b23cdc1e-2c71-4721-9ccd-091f7ecadfd7Post:d29a64c4-779b-4f78-8e81-3878aeb568c2">Mumford & Sons-type wedding band - Are there any? (NJ Wedding Oct 2013)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone,  I am newly engaged and have hit the ground running with wedding planning! My fiancé and I absolutely love the band Mumford and Sons (and Punch Brothers for that matter) and would love to incorporate their sound in our wedding.  We've been trying to find bluegrass/progressive bluegrass bands in our area but haven't been too successful. Many of the bluegrass bands have older members who wouldn't necessarily get the vibe we're going for.  Do you know of any bands that fit the bill in this regard? Did you have them at your wedding and did you like them?  Any help is appreciated!  Samantha
    Posted by soto.samantha[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards