Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Bridal Party entrance song

Re: Bridal Party entrance song

• westaleywestaley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_bridal-party-entrance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:d4dd66aa-a5b8-41a3-ac2c-978133eb2548Post:b5e003aa-20d9-429b-b6ad-612f29ffabec">Re: Bridal Party entrance song</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're being bag-piped into the reception hall. Fits perfectly with the Scottish theme.
    Posted by gocanucks1915[/QUOTE]

I"m SO JEALOUS! I wanted to have my uncle play the bagpipes for my entrance at the ceremony but it got shotdown. Oh well, I won the battle of the chicken dance at least ;)
    "In these dreams I've loved you so, that by now I think I know what it's like to be loved by you. I will love being loved by you." -- The King and I
  • edited December 2011
    We are all walking in to "Crazy Love" by Adam Sandler. Something to lighten the mood after a somewhat serious ceremony :)
  • lylacorkernlylacorkern member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a traditional wedding, but for the reception, every party member is walking in to 20 seconds of a song of their choice.  And then they will play the Rocky theme song to build up to our entrance.  Then we will all dance to "Let's get it started".
  • edited December 2011
    Bright Eyes, First Day of My Life<333   You should you tube this song... it is not very popular... :)  But it fits the mood, and has a nice tone for a wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    For the ceremony, they are walking down to "Razzle Dazzle Rose" by Camera Obscura and for the reception, its "Livin' Thing" by ELO.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using The Monday Night Football theme...lol
  • edited December 2011
    We are using "Say Hey (I Love You)" by Michael Franti & Spearhead.... it's upbeat and fun... I think it is the song that played at the begining of the movie Valentine's Day.
    Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
  • gradbethgradbeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    star trek them (Next Generation, not TOS)

We are such geeks :)
  • mellow293mellow293 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The hubby and I are walking out to "Chelsea Dagger" by the Fratellis.  We're both massive hockey fans (opposing teams of course!), so it fits perfectly.  Not sure what the rest of the peeps are going to walk out to though.  "Beautiful Day" by U2 is up there, we're both big fans...I dunno.  I'll let them decide.
  • edited December 2011
    Tootsie Roll!!! Sooooo much fun!!!Smile
  • emiHunteremiHunter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_bridal-party-entrance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:d4dd66aa-a5b8-41a3-ac2c-978133eb2548Post:f7560c63-c066-4bc6-969d-0d4f04832b40">Re: Bridal Party entrance song</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using "Friday I'm in Love" by The Cure. Seemed perfect for a Friday wedding!
    Posted by alliesono[/QUOTE]

EPIC WIN!
  • sandyemmasandyemma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to use "I like to move it" from the movie Madagascar. It will def show the fun of the night and get the party started
  • suzicue11suzicue11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pride and Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughan. An upbeat and fun blues song.
  • zetamomof2zetamomof2 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Say Hey (I Love You) by Michael Franti!
  • Spud78Spud78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was very wonderfully weird, but my fiancee and I both came home one day and each had a song in mind for our bridal party entrance song.  I paniked a little, but oddly enough, we picked the same one!  We're coming into "You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall and Oates!
  • pinkflamingospinkflamingos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Las Vegas and then having a reception 2 weeks later at home.  Our entrance song is Viva Las Vegas by Elvis Presley
  • jenna5279jenna5279 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ours will be "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie.

• kl2nkl2n member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pink - Lets get the party started
  • aklauer87aklauer87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing "You make my dreams come true" by Hall and Oats :) should b a good time!
  • zetamomof2zetamomof2 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, let us know which one you pick! :-)
  • iate59crayonsiate59crayons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two Step by DMB!  The lyrics are fantastic and quite fitting for a wedding.  It's a love song but also very upbeat.
    Good luck at your wedding!!

http://www.metrolyrics.com/two-step-lyrics-dave-matthews-band.html
  • uniqueshannyuniqueshanny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that is what we are going with too :) I love that song!
  • omalleyj20omalleyj20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Crazy in Love- Beyonce and Jay z....so fun to dance to, great lyrics & they're such a great couple!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_bridal-party-entrance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:d4dd66aa-a5b8-41a3-ac2c-978133eb2548Post:d4ec29a5-2acb-4c71-8077-43cb37da3ba6">Re: Bridal Party entrance song</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shipping up to Boston by DropKick Murphys is an awesome entrance song. Just be wary that it is a song that is very representative of Red Sox fans, so if you are getting married in New York it might not go over so well :-) Good luck!!
    Posted by brookelizabeth21[/QUOTE]

thats what i am walking into and its funny bc were new yorkers and yankee fans lol 
  • erinlister02erinlister02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to use "Here Comes The Sun" by the Beatles for the ceremony entrance as it's our song and the Love Boat theme as the reception entrance as we met on a cruise ship!
  • hollynn722hollynn722 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In response to: I like that Goo Goo Dolls  - I'll be the greatest fan of your life... But I dont know if I'll use it as I am Brazilian and my guests do not understand the lirycs...

The artist for that song is Edwin McCain. Great song!
  • edited December 2011
    At my friends wedding, the bridal party entered the reception to "You Find Out Who Your Friends Are" by Tracy Lawrence.
    "if all catastrophes came with soundtracks, we would always pray for rain"
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_bridal-party-entrance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:d4dd66aa-a5b8-41a3-ac2c-978133eb2548Post:01d4878d-359d-4fc8-ba30-21ce34cdf842">Re: Bridal Party entrance song</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bright Eyes, First Day of My Life<333   You should you tube this song... it is not very popular... :)  But it fits the mood, and has a nice tone for a wedding.
    Posted by edobyns[/QUOTE]

That's what the first dance is going to be at my wedding (:

Great choice in music!
    "if all catastrophes came with soundtracks, we would always pray for rain"
  • ShayCardwellShayCardwell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not sure yet what the bridal party is entering the ceremony or the reception to yet, we can't agree lol but i am walking down the aisle to Nothing else matters by Metallica... the instrumental version....

great ideas in all these posts though gave me some great ideas to bring to FH maybe we'll agree on one of those ... i love the idea of Green Day Pop Rocks and Coke (thanks to whoever posted that ) and also the Huey Lewis Power of love we are both such huge Back to the Future fans i don't know why we didn't think of that ourselves.
  • Mister06Mister06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My wedding is August 2010 but I'm sure we're entering the Reception to Drake "Over". I know our friends will love it I don't know about the elders.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards