Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

iTunes is our DJ.... Now what?

We've decided to go our own route DJ-wise and use our iPod as the music for the wedding reception. I'm creating a playlist to span the whole evening, so we can just hit "play" in the beginning and let it go. We're going to have quite an ecclectic mix of people at our reception, with music tastes ranging from classic rock to rap to dubstep. Any advice on particular songs we should include and how exactly to mix the styles? Also, what's the best ratio of slow songs to fast songs? Any advice my fellow knotties can give me is much appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: iTunes is our DJ.... Now what?

• We're just going to have people write a song they'd like to hear on their RSVP then supplement with our own music.

• As bride on a budget myself, I understand your desire to save money. DJs can be expensive. But please, please, please do some research and try to find a DJ who can work with your budget. I was going to have my brother be our DJ with an IPOD until I realised that I want all my guests to be able to enjoy the wedding. More importantly, YOU need to be able to relax and know that everything will be coordinated. Find a DJ that not only takes care of the tunes but is an Emcee too. The last thing you want to be stressing about is what happens when and you don't want to pass that stress onto any friends or family. We were able to find one for under $1000. It's another thing to save up for but I promise it is totally worth it. Just save money in other places like invitations or decorations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards