March 2013 Weddings
Options

Too late for STDs

Im having regrets about not doing STDs is it too late????

Re: Too late for STDs

• Options
    We just sent ours out two weeks ago!  90% of our guest list are OOT'ers. There is still time!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • Options
    If it helps, we're not doing them. IMO it's a waste of money (no offense to anyone that does them, just not my thing). Spreading the word is enough for me. As PP said, even something quick like an email or a phone conversation with those you're worried about would be just fine. But it's totally up to you. If you really want to do them, I'd do them quickly, because the time for invitations to go out is coming up faster than you think!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    You could def get some put together really quick and send them. Ours went out 2-3 weeks ago. We have a lot of OOT so i wanted a way to get them the information for the website so they could look at the hotel accommodations and other things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    idk i don't think so but i mean i'm probably sending out my invites next month. i have people traveling so i sent the std's out early august.
  • Options
    I don't think its too late, but like the previous posters said, I would only bother with it if you have a lot of OOT guests. You tecnically don't have to send invites out until early January so there is some time in between if you can get them done quickly, otherwise save your money and maybe just make a wedding website and spread the word. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's not too late. I sent mine out really early because my wedding is on a Friday night, and I wanted to get plenty of notice to people so they could take off work if they needed to, or know to reserve a vacation day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First, I don't think it's too late! But, if it is, you know what they say... better late than never! If you think your guests could benefit from some advance notice on paper, GO FOR IT! Our guests are mostly OOTs and, even though they know about the wedding and the date, they need a paper reminder to start getting their travel plans in order. :)
  • Options
    Thanks for all your input. Only a handful of guest are from OOT and then its onky an hour drive away so hotels and flights are not a necessity. I think ill stick with my original decision and use that money towards my invites....
  • Options
    I did mine, because I have a lot of OOT and also because my cousin is getting married 3 weeks after me and sent hers out before me. 
    I think you have plently of time to send out STD's.  You can always do an electronic STD.  This way you can save the money and get the word out to everyone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine aren't sent out yet- just ordered. Not that I'd follow my lead on this one :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards