Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

photo quote

Hi!!

So, most photographers want to "meet" in order to give me a quote.  However, one photographer was recommended and actually gave me a quote of $2500 for a five hour event, and one album.  Does this price sound good or should I negotiate?

Re: photo quote

• edited December 2011
    It depends on your area. For example, In WV, I'm getting full day coverage and  a ton of prints for $1000. So you might want to post this on your local board to see what girls in your area say. Good Luck!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would still meet with this photographer and a few others.  You may not realize how much time you will be spending with your photographer and it's important that you click with them and like their personality.  I would also confirm that you will receive a DVD with high-res images and printing rights in your package.
  • msgraphicsmsgraphics member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The albums are the most expensive part, from what I've been quoted so far (I'm still looking) the album brings the cost up a minimun of $700.  Do not make a decision until you meet them, and definitely comparison shop, that gives you power in the negotiation.  Also take recommendations with a grain of salt, I was given one by my mothers friend, and his praises were sung by a couple people on my local board, but when I met him, I knew that he was not the one for us. 
  • inkulio73inkulio73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you love their work, why not take the time to meet with them?  All photographers are different.  You cannot compare a price and think they're all the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards