Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Looking for a great, affordable NYC Photographer!

I'm looking for a great photographer for my July wedding in NYC. Can anyone recommend some names that fall between $1000-2000 range? Thanks!

Re: Looking for a great, affordable NYC Photographer!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is an international board.  You will get better references if you post this on the local NYC board found at this link:
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Depending on how many hours you need, unless you find someone who'll just shoot and give you the images, your budget is pretty though.  My photographer, Bill Walsh of Stellaview Studios (you can Google, based out of NJ but travels all the boroughs, my wedding is in Bklyn/NYC), has packages within your budget, but if you are looking for more than 8 hours, then you'll be out of luck.  Definitely check out the NYC board, though to warn you, many of the recommendations are from folks with very high budgets, so I had to do my own research.

Feel free to PM me if you want.  GL.

• Options
    Alex3003Alex3003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Chloe Pix Photography does photography in Texas and New York. Check out her site! Prices start around $1000 and she'll give you a great deal the more stuff ya get. Good luck!
  • Options
    springflrspringflr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure if any reputable NYC photographer will photograph a wedding for an entire day for less than $1000 in total.  But you might be able to find someone who charges separately for the labor and prints.  So you might pay $600 for the photographer to take the photos and then pay separately for each print or copyright release of the actual image. $1500 for the day is more realistic; the taxes the photographer will have to pay will seriously eat away at his or her profit.  You could try Tri State Wedding Photography or All Day Photos.com. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Janice2012Janice2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using a photographer in central NY number is 845-399-2832
    all-day-images.smugmug.com. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check out juliaazcona.com, she did my engagement photos and will work with your budget.  she was wonderful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards