Pre-wedding Parties

FMIL Shower Invites

My wonderful MOH and a family friend are planning my shower and I have been working on getting them my invite list. I have only evern been to one shower before so I don't really know what to expect with all this. I have been doing some research on here and it seems like the shower is really only supposed to be people I am close to.

I did asked my FMIL to look over her guest list and see if there was anyone she thought should be invited. Most of their side is OOT or I don't really know them.  She didn't want to invite anyone from their side. 

For some reason though I had it in my head that we would end up inviting at least few people from their side. Was this how your showers worked? Did you have people there you didn't really know? Is this the way it is usually done? Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FMIL Shower Invites

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The showers I have been to tend to be geared towards different groups... such as church showers, family showers, or friend showers.

Typically, a shower just includes those people you're close to. Don't worry about trying to invite people from both sides of the family. It doesn't have to be even, and showers are usually for people who are closer to the bride. You can invite other people, but you don't have to. If your FMIL says it's fine, I'd just leave it at that.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think I would want strangers at my shower.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The list I am giving to my MOH includes close family and friends and only FI's relatives that I have met. It's supposed to be those who you are closest to.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • SandiaLizSandiaLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, thanks! I appreciate your help. I just wasn't sure if that was the norm. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards