Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Grooms Parents Invited?

My mom's close friends from grade school want to host a shower for me. My mom does not want to ask the host if its ok if my groom's parents and family members can be invited.  We have another shower they will definitely be invited to.  A couple years ago, my moms friends had this same shower for another friend's daughter and that bride's mom asked the host if the groom's family can be invited and the host had no problem with this.  Isn't it rude not to invite at least his parents? He has one sister and one aunt that I also think should be invited...am I totally off base here? Should I ask my mom's friend, the host, myself if the groom's family can come? I should add that the grooms family will be invited to a different shower hosted by my aunts..but I think they would appreciate and enjoy being invited to this shower too, especially since at the last shower hosted by my mom's friends, the grooms parents were invited.  My mom and I are currently at war about this and I need help! Thanks!

Re: Grooms Parents Invited?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I could be wrong, but I think that mothers are invited to all of the showers. That's at least the case with the showers that are being thrown for FI and I. Both hosts have said that the mothers get invited to both of them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you. The MOB, MOG and sisters of the B&G should recieve courtesy invites to all showers. They can choose which ones they want to attend. Didn't the hosts ask for a guest list?

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about saying, "Thank you for hosting!  Would you like a guest list?  I'll highlight FI's mom and the bridal party.  I'm not sure if they can make it but I know they'd love to be included if possible."

And then leave it up to them.  Yes, moms and grandmothers should be invited as a courtesy but it gets sticky to tell the hostesses who you want at a party in honor of you - basically I think you and your mom are right.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought showers were meant to be for the close family and friends of the bride only.  Whoops, I guess I should have invited FI's mom to mine (it was only 10 people and she lives 14 hours away, but still....) I hope that doesn't haunt me down the road. 
  • Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    >>The MOB, MOG and sisters of the B&G should recieve courtesy invites to all showers. They can choose which ones they want to attend.

This.  I am friends with this woman who flew from Tampa to Baltimore EIGHT TIMES during her son's engagement, to participate in showers, birthday parties, cookouts, holiday celebrations and other stuff hosted by the bride's family in Baltimore...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards