Pre-wedding Parties

Uh-oh...

One of my best friends could not be in my wedding because she is a BM for another wedding on the same day.  Instead, she threw me a bridal shower!  She even sat next to me and recorded the gifts (who gave what).  However, that list is MIA!!!  How do I send thank you notes without remembering who gave what?  Help!
Life's a beach!

Re: Uh-oh...

• frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was very nice of your friend to throw you a shower even though she can't make it to your wedding.  It's unfortunate that the list has been misplaced.  Was your mom, or another person you're close to there?  Have you asked your friend if she remembers any specifics she wrote down?  Maybe they will remember some of the gifts and givers.

You should always send thank you cards. If you can remember what they gave you, reference the gift.  If not, thank them for coming to the shower, tell them how great it was to spend time with them, how excited you are to see them at the wedding, and of course, thank them for "the gift", just avoid specifics and hope they don't ask you what you used it for later.  That could lead to some awkward conversations Tongue out
  • hannahrhhannahrh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a wine pairing, so maybe they will go easy on me. Innocent
    Life's a beach!
  • frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh.  Easy!

"thank you so much for coming to my shower.  It was great to see you, and I can't wait to see you again on our wedding day.  It's so nice to be able to share these experiences with you.  Thank you for the great bottle of wine-- fiance and I can't wait to share it together."
  • hannahrhhannahrh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perfect!  Thank you!!
    Life's a beach!
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP suggestion, and thats wonderful that your friend threw you the shower :-)

a wine pairing sounds pretty fun too! haha
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree try to remeber as much as you can w/ the hlep of your mom or another BM and just include the gift in those you cant recall
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards