Pre-wedding Parties
Options

cookout/party??

our bridal party pretty much knows each other but would it be a dumb idea to have a cookout/party at our house to get everyone together? ive got "thank u" gifts for my bridesmaids and flower girl so i thought about giving them out if we did that.

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: cookout/party??

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that would be a great idea! I did something similar mid-way through the planning process and had a bridesmaid get-together at a local vineyard and we did a wine tasting and then sat and had some food together and talked about the BM dresses I had in mind and let the girls get to know each other better. A lot of them loved finally putting a face to names they had heard about for so long.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with summerkutie, that's a great idea!
  • Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did something very similar for my bridesmaids... I threw it at my house, made all of the food, and gave out a few thank you gifts to let them know I appreciated them being a part of my life.

The girls seemed to be really excited about it, and liked the idea.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's dumb and if you want to do it go for it.  But why would you?  They already know each other, you are putting more stress on yourself with another event to deal with and more money to spend.  The thank you gifts can be (and always are in my experience) handed out at the rehearsal dinner.  That's my own opinion and like I said if you want to do and feel you are up to it go for it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hannahhannah1hannahhannah1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in August and I just can't seem to get enough of this wedding stuff. So, I made a blog for future brides to read the secrets and tricks that I figured out. Check out my DOS and DON'TS and advise: 

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_cookoutparty?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:4e18f38d-1ff1-4c36-8029-180dd8cc46b4Post:8d5feeb9-7c51-49bd-82c6-d3d232f5d96d">Re: cookout/party??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got married in August and I just can't seem to get enough of this wedding stuff. So, I made a blog for future brides to read the secrets and tricks that I figured out. Check out my DOS and DON'TS and advise: 
    Posted by hannahhannah1[/QUOTE]

I adviSE that you stop dispensing terribly adviCe to brides.  And learn the difference between advice and advise.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards