Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower with no gifts..

Is it okay to have a bridal shower with no gifts? My BM and MOH are planning on throwing me a bridal shower, but my FI and I didn't register for gifts because we don't want or need anything. The girls are going to tell guests not to bring gifts, but they are now trying to find things to do at the shower. Should we just nix it all together? I don't want the girls to stress out or the guests to question why we are even having one. I think it would just be a nice get together for food, drinks and games. What do you all think? Thank you !

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower with no gifts..

• Options
    shugameganshugamegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if your BM and MOH want to throw you a party, don't call it a bridal shower. The "shower" party refers to "showering"  the bride with gifts for their new lives together.  If you call it a shower without registering, you'll end up getting random items you probably don't want.

If you just want people to come over for food and fun, just suggest that if just be a regular ladies night.
    146 Invitedimage 84 Attendingimage 11 Declinedimage 51 Apparently can't read the RSVP dateimage RSVP Date Sept. 1 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

You have a couple of choices--

You decline the shower.  You don't have to have a shower.  If you don't want gifts, then a shower is a moot point.

You can do a small registry for some upgrades to the house.  Then you can have the shower. Everone can use an upgrade or two in the house.  New sheets, knives, towels, blankets and other household items need replacement eventually.

You can do no registry and just take your chances at what people will give you.

ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Surely there are things in your home you can upgrade?  If you are having a shower, there will be gifts.  That is the sole purpose of a shower.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Get together; just don't call it a shower.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    smedina0212smedina0212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! I like the "ladies night" idea.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tlopes07tlopes07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can still have a shower in your honor without being registered, I've been to 4 showers in the last 2 years, and have another one coming up in the fall, it's a very common thing.  The BM's are throwing a shower in her honor, and they already live together so rather than spending the $$ on a gift, we are just giving the bride cash.  It all depends on what you're group of friends are used to.  To me and my friends it's not uncommon.

Good Luck with what  you decide!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards