Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Strip club clarification

2»

Re: Strip club clarification

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Btw Manwa.......I dont think anyone was catching your sarcasm but that was pretty funny :)  People who write in lowercase letters and run-on sentences MUST be trouble starters.......so weird!  Haha
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You've never seen classy or seedy clubs? Oh honey let me tell you. In the seedy clubs, the stripper may not have all her teeth, she's high and the carpet is neve cleaned. There are high end clubs where the food served rivals high end restaurants - and some are even known for their food. Don't try to paint them all as one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For some people, whether or not something is "seedy" or "classy" cannot be differentiated because of the underlying activity.

For instance, we could change this statement:

"In the seedy clubs, the stripper may not have all her teeth, she's high and the carpet is neve cleaned. There are high end clubs where the food served rivals high end restaurants - and some are even known for their food. Don't try to paint them all as one. "

to the following statement

"In the seedy brothels, the hookers may not have all her teeth, she's high and the carpet is neve cleaned. There are high end brothels where the decor rivals high end hotels - and some are even known for their decor. Don't try to paint them all as one. "

But, for some people, the underlying activity is such that differentiating low-end from high-end is meaningless.   If you feel that way about strippers, then it doesn't matter if they are gorgeous, clean strippers, or ugly ones without teeth--the activity itself is not perceived as classy.  I don't need to visit a variety of brothels to make that distinction; and that may be similarly true for strip clubs if one feels that, by definition, the activity is tasteless.

As an aside, I could never fathom why something that would not be OK on a Monday would be OK at a bachelor party.  I mean, I understand it if you are cool with strippers, but it's really hard for me to understand why one wouldn't be cool with it on a regular basis but feels that the guy should get a free pass right before his wedding.
  • Options
    immaeetuimmaeetu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_strip-club-clarification?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:97316d8f-8ea5-4073-9b1d-4b2e0cb35b86Post:6317ab9c-0aae-4487-8b28-75eb650fa555">Re: Strip club clarification</a>:
    [QUOTE]For some people, whether or not something is "seedy" or "classy" cannot be differentiated because of the underlying activity. For instance, we could change this statement: "In the seedy clubs, the stripper may not have all her teeth, she's high and the carpet is neve cleaned. There are high end clubs where the food served rivals high end restaurants - and some are even known for their food. Don't try to paint them all as one. " to the following statement "In the seedy brothels, the hookers may not have all her teeth, she's high and the carpet is neve cleaned. There are high end brothels where the decor rivals high end hotels - and some are even known for their decor. Don't try to paint them all as one. " But, for some people, the underlying activity is such that differentiating low-end from high-end is meaningless.   If you feel that way about strippers, then it doesn't matter if they are gorgeous, clean strippers, or ugly ones without teeth--the activity itself is not perceived as classy.  I don't need to visit a variety of brothels to make that distinction; and that may be similarly true for strip clubs if one feels that, by definition, the activity is tasteless. As an aside, I could never fathom why something that would not be OK on a Monday would be OK at a bachelor party.  I mean, I understand it if you are cool with strippers, but it's really hard for me to understand why one wouldn't be cool with it on a regular basis but feels that the guy should get a free pass right before his wedding.
    Posted by raniacharles[/QUOTE]
    The last post before yours was over 2 weeks ago.  Either you're REALLY late to the game or it took you a really long time to think of a good comeback.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

"The last post before yours was over 2 weeks ago.  Either you're REALLY late to the game or it took you a really long time to think of a good comeback. "

This is kind of silly.   I just have other things to do and don't visit the board every hour, every day, or even every week.  .
  • Options
    immaeetuimmaeetu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_strip-club-clarification?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:97316d8f-8ea5-4073-9b1d-4b2e0cb35b86Post:c43765c2-72d7-4b14-aabf-e9f05f883c27">Re: Strip club clarification</a>:
    [QUOTE]"The last post before yours was over 2 weeks ago.  Either you're REALLY late to the game or it took you a really long time to think of a good comeback. " This is kind of silly.   I just have other things to do and don't visit the board every hour, every day, or even every week.  .
    Posted by raniacharles[/QUOTE]
    Then let the thread die.  You don't need to visit the board all the time, but resurrecting a thread that's weeks old just makes you look like an idiot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know there was a rule about not posting after two weeks.  Really, your reply is rude.  I am not sure why you feel the need to monitor the board for replies to posts two weeks later, and call people idiots for posting on the threads.  There are plenty of threads with two, three and more weeks between posts.  Really, if you don't like it, then don't read the posts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    raniacharles, you're my hero!  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards