Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Shower timing info

My sisters who are now my BM were talking about shower plannng the other day and the were considering timing for it. It is still many months away as my wedding isn't until Feb 2012 but they wanted to get dates down so they can plan properly.

My sisters both have families and are on a tight budget as most people are. They would like to plan to have the shower in November (last weekend) I feel that might be a bit early. If they wait until December it would cause them difficulty with Christmas and if they wait until January they feel they won't be finished paying for Christmas.

Would you consider November 24 too early for a shower if the wedding is February 4th? It is just over two months. (2.5mths) Would this seem odd to you?

Re: Shower timing info

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not at all!  My friend got married this past Jan.  Her first shower was end Sept, another in mid-Oct.  I think that's definitely fine, and I agree Dec would be a tough time between people's holiday parties & shopping.
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a little bit early, but I think it's fine. :)
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a bit early, but given the holiday season, it wouldn't bother me.
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I'll let them know if that's what they want then just go ahead. I don't want to put the guests out but I don't want to make it hard for my sisters either.
  • Options
    HippinhipsterHippinhipster member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that Thanksgiving? Would people want to go to a shower on Thanksgiving day? Why not sometime that weekend?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-timing-info?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:997be70f-1288-4038-b6db-62ddf0ea9181Post:2dfe9026-0fae-4aa0-9139-692c0f2c40d2">Re: Shower timing info</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that Thanksgiving? Would people want to go to a shower on Thanksgiving day? Why not sometime that weekend?
    Posted by Hippinhipster[/QUOTE]

I'm in Canada so THanksgiving would have been in early October.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In my region that would not be too early at all.  Folks would be lucky to squeeze it into their already packed holiday schedules. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards