Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Two Truths and a Lie

I heard this game played on the radio the other day and thought it might be fun to learn some inane stuff about the girls on here.

This is how it will work - today you should post three statements, two need to be the truth, one needs to be a lie. Do not let on which is the lie today! Tomorrow, we will reveal our lies giving everyone time to post their statements and everyone else time to speculate on which one is the lie. Feel free to comment on other Knottie's statements, just don't reveal yours!

The trick is to make all three statements seem like the truth, so be creative!

1. I have never had a wreck, gotten a traffic ticket or ever had a run in with the police of any kind.

2. My dad misspelled my middle name on my birth certificate and no one ever got it corrected.

3. I dated and "had relations" with a friends husband in high school while they were dating. To this day she has no idea and I see them once a month or more.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Two Truths and a Lie

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lesa - Three?  Is that the lie?
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    This is fun!

1.  I was the rodeo queen in high school.  I roped for my event.

2.  I can play classic piano, I took lessons for 8 years.

3.  I became a mother when I was only 19 years old!  Hello Teen Mom.
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:c287bc1e-eb77-459e-8e70-6470a9436cbd">Re: Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is fun! 1.  I was the rodeo queen in high school.  I roped for my event. 2.  I can play classic piano, I took lessons for 8 years. 3.  I became a mother when I was only 19 years old!  Hello Teen Mom.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

I thought it would be too! I am going with 2 as the lie for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1.  I was a vegetarian for 5 years.

2. In the past, I have slept with one of the guys that is FI's groomsman and he doesn't know about it.

3. I haven't been completely honest with FI about how much I have spent on the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:9c65a165-e4bd-4d1f-add6-636d9096c95a">Re: Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  I was a vegetarian for 5 years. 2. In the past, I have slept with one of the guys that is FI's groomsman and he doesn't know about it. 3. I haven't been completely honest with FI about how much I have spent on the wedding.
    Posted by sparklingdiamond[/QUOTE]

Oooo, #2?
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Fun!

1.I never can remember FI's birthday. We've been together for 6 1/2 years. I know approximately when it is, but not the exact date.

2. I was a baton twirler. I was pretty good at it too! I won state in 1996. I've even twirled fire and was coahed by several Ms. Texas and Ms. Oklahoma winners.

3. I was recently interviewed on tv while I was in the Bishop Arts District by a news crew. They were doing a store on awnings and the fees associated with them.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:c6269fc5-8412-46a6-8dc2-66808f790a8a">Re: Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh Fun! 1.I never can remember FI's birthday. We've been together for 6 1/2 years. I know approximately when it is, but not the exact date. 2. I was a baton twirler. I was pretty good at it too! I won state in 1996. I've even twirled fire and was coahed by several Ms. Texas and Ms. Oklahoma winners. 3. I was recently interviewed on tv while I was in the Bishop Arts District by a news crew. They were doing a store on awnings and the fees associated with them.
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I say #1?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

1. I won prom queen in high school but they took it away from me because they miss counted the votes.

2. I only eat chicken, no other meats.

3.  I used to work for the circus.

• Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:c287bc1e-eb77-459e-8e70-6470a9436cbd">Re: Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is fun! 1.  I was the rodeo queen in high school.  I roped for my event. 2.  I can play classic piano, I took lessons for 8 years. 3.  I became a mother when I was only 19 years old!  Hello Teen Mom.

2?
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:00a21e7f-564d-4b16-9686-cdbc5e918cd3">Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]I heard this game played on the radio the other day and thought it might be fun to learn some inane stuff about the girls on here. This is how it will work - today you should post three statements, two need to be the truth, one needs to be a lie. Do not let on which is the lie today! Tomorrow, we will reveal our lies giving everyone time to post their statements and everyone else time to speculate on which one is the lie. Feel free to comment on other Knottie's statements, just don't reveal yours! The trick is to make all three statements seem like the truth, so be creative! 1. I have never had a wreck, gotten a traffic ticket or ever had any kind of run in with the police of any kind. 2. My dad misspelled my middle name on my birth certificate and no one ever got it corrected. 3. I dated and "had relations" with a friends husband in high school while they were dating. To this day she has no idea and I see them once a month or more.
    Posted by lesalyric[/QUOTE]
    I'm going to say 3 too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:01e54f39-3425-4e25-b455-b25a586f87bb">Re: Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I won prom queen in high school but they took it away from me because they miss counted the votes. 2. I only eat chicken, no other meats. 3.  I used to work for the circus.
    Posted by ScarletandDavid[/QUOTE]

I vote 3.

Sparkling - I am going with 2 on this one. From my own experience, I know 3 is probably the truth! Haha!

MJ -  1?
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I married the same guy twice.

2. I have only had sex with 2 people my whole life.

3. I was once anorexic and at my lowest weight I weighed 89 lbs.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:aa762cc5-0cb3-47b9-bf31-2d7809f869e8">Re: Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I married the same guy twice. 2. I have only had sex with 2 people my whole life. 3. I was once anorexic and at my lowest weight I weighed 89 lbs.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Oh this is hard... #3?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lesa- I say #3

Brianna- #2

Courtney- #1

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Brianna - #2 is a lie, I think

Stephie - #1 ?

Gosh, I don't know about the rest of these.... some of you guys might have some dirty little secrets! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:39be1772-4f34-4c32-a588-6a3a54266385">Re: Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brianna - #2 is a lie, I think Gosh, I don't know about the rest of these.... some of you guys might have some dirty little secrets! :)
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

I know these are all really good--I don't want to guess, I just want to know the answers!
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    Scarlet- 1
    Stephy -3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Leslie - 3
    Brianna - 1
    ML - 2
    Sparkling - 2
    Scarlet - 3

(I really have no idea.)
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    Can we do more than one ? LOL I have so many more!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:b0ef37cb-3bb0-41ab-bd93-2c85d963a429">Re: Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two Truths and a Lie : I know these are all really good--I don't want to guess, I just want to know the answers!
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Haha! I thought spreading it out over two days would build some anticipation and make it more fun. Seems to be working. :)

Steph - I think 1 is your lie.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    #1   My DH broke up with me when we dated the first time to go teach English to Children in China

#2   I was a state gold medal winning french horn and piano player.

#3  I'm afraid of heights
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  I went out with one or two other guys just after Bill and I started dating.  He doesn't know.
    2.  I considered going to UT during my senior year of high school.
    3.  I considered calling off the wedding when Bill asked me for a pre-nup.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:d079c3d4-4d78-4dc4-9666-b41def8a13ff">Re: Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]#1   My DH broke up with me when we dated the first time to go teach English to Children in China #2   I was a state gold medal winning french horn and piano player. #3  I'm afraid of heights
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

#1! 

These are fun because I am literally just randomly picking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:5ab66b11-e249-4d91-a2fc-6b8b0d13b42f">Re: Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can we do more than one ? LOL I have so many more!
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

Haha I know!  I have so many more I want to say!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Leslie--#1.
    Brianna--#2.
    Sarah--#1.
    Melissa--#1.
    Scarlet--#3.
    Stephie--#1.
    Tiffany--#2.
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1 - I was the weird kid with a huge unicorn collection.

2 - I played roller derby for 4 years.

3 - I used to get in a lot of fist fights.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:bb65dced-a048-42dd-b8e9-a94c78c1e008">Re: Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]1 - I was the weird kid with a huge unicorn collection. 2 - I played roller derby for 4 years. 3 - I used to get in a lot of fist fights.
    Posted by dianaslik[/QUOTE]

Hahahah... #1?  I could totally see you as a roller derby girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_two-truths-lie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:748e9660-86ff-4e1f-8c17-affdebf26b40Post:bf3930d4-2bc4-4a2f-a1d1-7045caf4e0d9">Re: Two Truths and a Lie</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two Truths and a Lie : Hahahah... #1?  I could totally see you as a roller derby girl!
    This.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    Julie- 1
    Tiff-3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards