Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Thank You Note/Gift Questions

My bridal party threw me a great shower and really fun bachelorette party this past weekend, and I have a few etiquette questions - hopefully you guys can help!

Thank you notes:
Do I just write these, or does my fiance help? If I write them all, does he sign them? Or are they just from me?

Also, some guests were at my bachelorette and shower. Do I write along the lines of "Thanks for the vase and the fun night out!" or should I write two separate thank you notes?

Thank you gift: Should I buy my bridal party a gift for the shower? I'm planning on taking my MOH and mom out for a nice lunch - should I get the other girls a little something too? Or just a heartfelt note?

Thanks everyone!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
158 image 125 image 33 image 0image RSVP Date: May 27

Re: Thank You Note/Gift Questions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had fun! 

For the shower, I would write them all yourself, since you'll also be thanking the person for attending, so it would be weird for your fiance to write them.  Only the person writing the thank you note signs it, but it's nice to mention the other person in the substance of the note.  Such as: Dear so and so, Thank you for the lovely wineglasses.  D and I will drink out of them all the time.  It was great to see you at the shower, thank you for attending.  Looking forward to celebrating with you at the wedding!  Best, J. 

I don't know about the b-party thank yous.  I would guess you should do a separate thank you note, although FI just got one from his brother thanking us for the wedding gift, FI for being the best man, and FI for planning the bachelor party.  I think if the b party attendees are all chipping in to cover you, a separate thank you note is appropriate. 

As for the gift, I assume that you are going to give each bridesmaid a gift before the wedding, so I don't think that anything beyond a nice, thoughtful card is required, but if you have a little something in mind, I don't see anything wrong with that either. 
  • Options
    NRWSBRGNRWSBRG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Shower Thank Yous- You need to write them because you'll want to say something like "thank you for coming" in addition to thank you for the wine glasses.  Only you sign them because your fiance wasn't at the shower.

Bachelorette Party- I don't think you need to write thank you notes for the bachelorette party- unless someone paid for your night or your hotel room. If money is involved- send a thank you.

Thank you gift for the shower- Unless this gift would be in lieu of a gift at the rehearsal dinner- you don't need a gift. You can probably say something in the htank you card you will write for whatever gift they got you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards