Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Large Bachelorette Party

My sister is getting married in July and we are planning her bachelorette party in June. I would love to take her to a ball game but I really can't afford it. She is planning on about 20 people for the party and I am at a loss for what to do. I am thinking of dinner and a winery but I would like to keep cost down for people and there is travel taht is a problem too. Any ideas on someting different that we can do for the party? Thanks

Re: Large Bachelorette Party

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there any way you can talk to people who might feel like they HAVE to be there (other sisters and bridemaids) about what they think is a good budget? I mean, no one has to go, other than the bride, but it would be nice if they weren't excluded because you planned it slightly above their budgets.

What about dinner and a wine tasting? Are there any nice wine bars in her area?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A Winery is were I am looking mainly. there is one about 15 min away and then about 10 1hr away. I just didn't know if asking for $30 or $40 is too much to ask.
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_large-bachelorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:eeb6b952-6bfa-484d-a862-075249aee407Post:16b24629-8d57-4d66-ad07-15a504dad5cf">Re: Large Bachelorette Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]A Winery is were I am looking mainly. there is one about 15 min away and then about 10 1hr away. I just didn't know if asking for $30 or $40 is too much to ask.
    Posted by Dittmann[/QUOTE]

<div>This is a completely subjective question. In my circle, $30-$40 would be a steal for a bachelorette party, so I don't think it's too much to ask at all. </div><div>
    </div><div>However, you need to heed PP's advice and talk to the other BMs (individually) to discuss budget. Once you determine how much each person can afford to spend, you can make proper plans. </div>
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards