edited December 2011
    Dear NEW Job that I start today,
    Please be NICE!

-Thanks,
    Nervous new employee!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Cousin,

I'm so happy to be a bridesmaid in your wedding and I'm SO excited that we found your dress this weekend!! 

-Me, who is so happy for you!!

Dear Bridal Shops,

Thanks for still having "my" dress on the rack available to order for 3x as much as I paid for mine.  

-Me, whose heart is happy for getting a great deal

Dear women who are always at the gym,

By the time I get there, you have already done back to back classes.   Do you not work?  I go for 1-1.5 hours and that leaves me no time to even cook dinner, much less clean up, do laundry, or relax.

-Me, who is not bitter at all
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear students who plagiarize,

You're wearing me down and you're taking my time and energy away from students who deserve my full time and attention.  I don't know if I will ever get to used to this part of my job, it makes me really sad.

-exasperated
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dear Tiffany,
    I know exactly what you mean.  If I come home to cook for Bill and do some chores or grade papers before he gets home and then go to the gym with him, then our night is completely gone! 

Dear Knotties,
    I know I may treading thin ground here but...
    We went and picked angels off the Angel Tree at North Park.  I was about to pick a little one off the tree when I noticed that the 15 month old wanted an MP3 player.  Either it's a misprint or someone is using this baby to get something for themselves.  I'm going to hope it was a misprint and that the Salvation Army meant to put 15 YEARS OLD. 

Dear Bill,
    Thank you for allowing me to give things to so many Angels this year. 

Dear Man at Dad's Rehab Center,
    Those pills that you are insisting that my dad take are doing horrible things to him.  If you want him to have more fiber, then you'll have to bring more than a slice of white bread and fried lumps of whatever for his meals.  What he really needs is protein!  I mean he had two blood transfusions a couple of weeks ago.  My dad will not be returning to your establishment if my brother or I have have any thing to do with it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear chemistry test,

I'm not ready for you.  Please go take yourself.  :-/

Julie,

I really hope that was a misprint as well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Parents -

It's cold outside.  PLEASE make sure your children have coats on.  And don't have the audacity to walk around in YOUR coat while they're in nothing.

- Annoyed parent that gets sad when I see children without coats

Dear Self,

Your plan to carry coats in the back of your car to hand out to children outside without them on is sounding better and better.

- Self
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Knotties -

Thanks for the kind thoughts yesterday. They did offer me the job, but offered me a VERY low wage, even after we had discussed salary on the phone and I had put the range I was looking for on the online application. We can afford a sizable reduction in my pay, but a 70% reduction we just can't do. I had to turn them down. I am going to keep positive and keep looking, I HAVE to get out of here.

Still stuck at my job,
    Leslie
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear 15 page paper due Thursday,

Please write yourself - I need to work tomorrow, and I really am not particularly interested in the subject matter. 

Thanks,
    Unmotivated and Procrastinating me

Dear various companies and municipalities with my resume,

Please call me.  As much as I don't mind substitute teaching, I really need more consistent work, preferably in my field.

Thanks,
    Annoyed and Impatient me
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Dear Brianna,

Yes this plus the flip flops!  I went and picked up my step daughter from school yesterday (her mom took her I just picked up) and she had on shorts, a tank top and flip flops.  REALLY!!  Yes it was pretty yesterday but not summer!  The teacher yelled at me for not dressing her in enough clothing.  I said that her mom dropped her off I'm just picking up!

-super annoyed-

Dear step-daughters birth mom,

I normally have no problems with you and I try to just go with the flow but seriously think about what you are dressing her in before you send her to school!  Also it is not cool at all for you to teach step daughter to call your new husband Daddy and then not expect it to hurt my DH's feelings!  That is wrong in so many ways!  How would you feel if we told her to start calling me mommy?  I would never to that because guess what I'm not her mom!!!  You better understand what you are doing and don't be surprised when he takes you back to court in a few years!!! You had the other 2 taken away because you were unfit you might just lose this one too!!!

-really really super annoyed!!!-

Dear Knotties,

Thanks for letting me make my OL more of an B&M or FFF than anything else but I was so mad last night when I saw DH get so hurt! 

-the Knottie who will try to be more positive on OL-

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Knotties,
    I see my teenage students arriving in shorts, flip flops and a sweat shirt and then complain about how cold it is.  I tell them to wear more clothes since they are the ones making their clothing choices.

Dear Students,
    I don't feel well and I would much rather be at home.
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Dear Bookworm Knotties -

The book I finished last night was True Blue by David Baldacci.  Pretty good read.

Dear self -
    Way to go to the gym and finish the book while on the bike.  Way more calories burned doing that than sitting on your sofa.  Plus the last bit of the story was intense so it made that hour fly by!

Dear Tiffany -
    I don't know how people do it!  I go to the gym 2-3 times during the weekdays, and I feel like I have no time left for anything else those days.  Morning gym sessions are better, but I usually hit snooze to many times and then don't have enough time to go.  I need to win the lottery so I can work when I want to.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    sarathirzasarathirza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear nephew that was born last night,

I can't wait to meet you/babysit for you!!

-super excited aunt
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Tiffany,
    Congrats on your Frogs making the move to the Big East.  Now maybe TCU will get the attention it deserves in football.
    -Fellow College Football Junkie

Dear Mseale,
    Thanks!  I will have to get a copy.
    -Fellow bookworm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Dear work,

I'm doing the job of a person and a half now. This may be too much for me but I hope it doesn't show. I really want this promotion and would love to show I can handle it. Maybe because it's the first day and I just need to get into a rhythm.
    - Trying to hold it together employee

Dear FI
    I really hope we get to put up our tree today and I can upload the rest of the pictures! I hope to AW all the new pics Thursday. There is a lot to do and today is a great day to be indoors.
    - Excited FI

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Vince Guaraldi,
    Thank you for the awesome "A Charlie Brown Christmas" soundtrack.  My favorites are "Skating" and "Linus and Lucy". 

Julie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-60?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b1369f16-758a-4257-ba92-60a4d24bee8fPost:a041bb51-10ea-44d9-a70e-c30da52468d1">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Tiffany, Congrats on your Frogs making the move to the Big East.  Now maybe TCU will get the attention it deserves in football. -Fellow College Football Junkie Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

Dear Self,

Be nice, be nice, be nice...

~Annoyed Me
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Lacey & Mandaroo -

Yep, it would be better if the Big East was any good, but hey will will take that automatic qualifier spot gladly.  ;-)   In the mean time, the Rose Bowl is quite nice and with any luck maybe the NC.  (Hey Boise lost, Oregon or Auburn could too!)

-Knottie who should be a Nestie with way too much of my life invested in college football
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dear Knotties,

I need some T&Ps.  My niece-in-law, who was the flower girl at our wedding, is in the hospital.  She spent TG weekend with her dad, who sucks as a person and a dad, and is now in the hospital due to pneumonia and a punctured lung.  I don't really know all the details, but I do know that she was not cared for while at his house, and he didn't think her being that sick was a cause for concern!  She was checked in to a local hospital in their hometown, but is being transferred to Dallas today, so DH's sister and mom are coming up to stay with us while she's in the hospital..... please pray for a speedy recovery for her!!!  Her name is Cheyanne, and she turned 3 yesterday.

Thanks,
    Worried Auntie

Dear MIL,
    Please leave your un-potty-trained dog at home when you come.... you are more than welcome to crash at our house during all of this - your dog is not.
    Love,
    Me.... normally a dog lover, but not when they ruin house :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear FI,

I take my laptop everywhere so I can access everything I might need and the files I've created. I don't mind sharing with you but Go Buy Your Own! Going a week without it is hard especially when I'm on my parents' computer and none of my "favorites" are saved on here. It's like starting from square 1.

- Your future wife

Dear Baby Daddy and, now, Step-mom,

When no one likes girlfriend, not even the person who introduced her into the mix, that's kind of a sign that You Shouldn't Marry Her!!!! Also, when you pull your son away from everyone you've always let him be around (grandparents) while it's your time with him and also treat him like total crap, you should expect that he's going to lie - just to you and your *clears throat* and not anyone else. Speaking of lying, he's not! He's just telling events through the eyes of a child. OH, and I noticed you haven't denied a single thing that you and *clears throat again* are being questioned about! Maybe before you go and procreate you two should take care of the two kids you already have. Oops, too late for that!

~The "not so angry at all" loving, caring mother.

P.S. Step-mom: Don't walk into my son's classroom and talk to his teacher like you know him and are actually that concerned about his school and what they'll be doing this year. His homework isn't completed 10% of the time when he comes home from your house, 50% of the time I find stupid mistakes (so either you two aren't intelligent enough to do 3rd grade homework or you're not double checking it), and for the past year and a half you two have lived together (Not including the 1 year that you didn't) you haven't done ANYTHING with his homework!!! You have a masters, work in a library, and brag about being a certified teacher?!?!? You're a joke!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To my extremely talented cousin-

Thank you so much for designing my invite! I has everything I want! Now if we can only figure out how to print them ourselves.

-excited Angela
    (sorry, I couldn't wait til Thursday to AW  Laughing )
    This is a rough draft. The flowers are hand drawn from the ones on my dress!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Friend,

I am so excited to fly up to Boston next weekend and pick out a BM dress for your wedding.  I'm a little worried about the weather and hope I don't get stuck in too much snow.

-Me

Dear Angie -
    My thoughts and payers for your niece to have a speedy recovery.
    -me

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Julie
    We buy for a child off the angel tree every year.  Last year there were three year olds asking for game systems and laptops!  I know it's think ice, but I know what you mean
    - hoping for many misprints

Dear TexanTreasure
    We got our STDs printed at staples.  We had them designed and took them in.  You can choose your paper too and it's a really good price!
    -fellow frugal bride
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear self-
    Please find your head.

Dear DH-
    The house is coming together!!  It is annoying that you sleep in the living room though so you can watch TV.  I don't know how much I am liking this "No TV in the bedroom" rule. 

Dear Ex-Step SIL-
    It's nice to know that you were invited to my wedding yet didn't come and to host my shower but I'm not even be invited to your baby shower.  That's okay though, it saved us money on a gift.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Car Insurance Agent,

I really enjoy receiving the mini desk calendars you send every year along with the wallet size ones. I don't really use them, but it's nice getting them every year, along with the holiday and birthday cards! :)

Dear Knotties,

It's really great to find a board not only for help with the wedding, but to have local people who share common grounds who I can vent to about personal situations. It's nice having people, other than the 2 friend I always go to or family, that can sympathise or put me in check.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear the knot,
    You look cuhrazy right now. Fix yourself!
    -Uhh. Me?
    Dear crazy bank customer,
    I had really really REALLY mean and hateful things to say to you but I need my job so I couldn't. But just know that I was thinking them really, REALLY hard.
    -The poor girl on the other end of your pointless attacks

Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Dear Fellow Knotties -

I just would like to reiterate that I firmly believe people shouldn't get married at 18. Period.

- Me
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-60?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b1369f16-758a-4257-ba92-60a4d24bee8fPost:9089ebb9-c220-4741-ba7d-b685dfaf4ee6">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Fellow Knotties - I just would like to reiterate that I firmly believe people shouldn't get married at 18. Period. - Me
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Si.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    PS - or 19 (and a half) for that matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Brianna-
    What about 19.75?  I was always mature for my age but good Lord, looking back I was still dumb.

Dear Brooke Anne-
    I'm sorry I'm including your middle name but I am, I think it's cute and I'll probably call you that from now on.  I'm turning into you!!  We now have 2 (or 3- couldn't tell from FIL's convo last night) Christmas trees and we don't even have our real one yet. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Knotties,

Apparently I've had my head stuck in the sand for too long.   Did you know there are blu ray players that are wi-fi capable and you can stream Netflix and YouTube straight to them?

I'm like seriously blown away by this news.

Anyone know of a good one that doesn't cost too much?

-Me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards