Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Macys vs. JCP

I was planning on registering at BBB and Macy's, but then I noticed that every item on my Macy's registry was more expensive than at JCP and equal or slightly more than at BBB.  I'm thinking of switching to JCP and BBB, but Macy's seems so popular - is there some other advantage to registering there that I'm missing??  Thanks in advance!

Re: Macys vs. JCP

• Options
    libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    We were originally going to register at JCP, but when we went there we were told we could only register online, and there was no way to scan items in person.  We didn't like this, so we chose Macy's instead.  In our area, Macy's also had a much bigger selection.
  • Options
    Definitely go with Macy's. Their rewards are really great and when on sale, items are really comparable. I always planned on registering at JCP, but when they made all of their changes, I quit shopping there. I did try to register in store and you can't! Just like a PP said, you can only register online. All of what I registered for 6 months ago is no longer available. I just deleted it. No rewards, bad service, not worth it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_macys-vs-jcp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:17c71ff4-2cef-42ae-aed9-1af9a8028178Post:8a8e6357-01c3-4b50-bd5a-27695412600f">Macys vs. JCP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was planning on registering at BBB and Macy's, but then <strong>I noticed that every item on my Macy's registry was more expensive</strong> than at JCP and equal or slightly more than at BBB.  I'm thinking of switching to JCP and BBB, but Macy's seems so popular - is there some other advantage to registering there that I'm missing??  Thanks in advance!
    Posted by KimB603[/QUOTE]
    Macy's is more expensive, usually, but they also often have coupons. JCP doesn't do coupons anymore... which is a terrible business idea. People like sales and coupons lol.
  • Options
    hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    Macy's is not more expensive when items are on sale - which is most of the time.  The rewards give you 10% back on items you buy and 5% back on items your guets buy.    I know FI and I have accumulated at least $100 in rewards just from buying clothes, xmas gifts, etc. there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh wow, thanks ladies!  I'll stick with Macy's.
  • Options
    I registered at BBB, Macy's and target, places that I know my family and friends shop at. I've had great experiences with both target and BBB, but Macy's I had horrible customer service I went in two times to get a question answered and was brushed off and the people were just rude and unhelpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards