Registry and Gift Forum

Is there a Lowe's or Home Depot Registry?

A relative told me they thought Lowe's or Home Depot did a wedding registry, but I haven't been able to find any information. We would like to register for some lawn care items (hoses, rakes, etc.). If not, we may be able to just do the items at Walmart or Target. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Re: Is there a Lowe's or Home Depot Registry?

• When we looked into it, we didn't find one at Lowe's.  Some HD locations have a registry, but it can only be accessed in the store where you registered.  So, if you find a location in SC that has a registry, you have to register there, and your guests can only see that registry when they're in that store.

We decided not to register there.  We picked Macy's and BBB.  When my relatives have asked my parents, my dad just says, "Oh, they picked out a few things at Macy's and BBB, but they both love working on their house.  They spend lots of time at Lowe's and Home Depot."
  • Sear's also has a lot of these things, but I've heard some negative things about their registry in general.  If you are already registered at Walmart or Target, I would just try to find a lot of those things there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Neither of them have a registry.
  • Home Depot does have a registry, you just have to go in and do it all by hand, then customer service enters it all into the computer.  It's really a pain and no guarantee you'll get what you really want if you copied something down wrong.  I'm not sure about Lowes.  We really wanted to go there for ours too, but we changed it to Sears since they have quite a bit of the same items.  Maybe you could put something asking for HD or Lowes gift cards?  Not sure how that flies etiquette-wise though.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_there-lowes-home-depot-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:442283a0-70c0-4df6-a600-cd282e0572c9Post:5dbfee8a-4c0b-4cc7-949d-30c927224bda">Re: Is there a Lowe's or Home Depot Registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sear's also has a lot of these things, but I've heard some negative things about their registry in general.  If you are already registered at Walmart or Target, I would just try to find a lot of those things there.
    Posted by DanielleM01[/QUOTE]

Agree.  We're registered there and it's really quite annoying to actually get something done.  I recommend doing it online.  We tried using their handgun scanners and they lose service all the time, freeze, etc.  But well worth it if you're looking for tools and electronics and home stuff.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • we did a Sears registry entirely online, lawnmower, lawn tools, tool sets, vaccums etc. We havent had any problems yet except that no one is buying things from our Sears regsitry... but our Macy's is just about sold out!
  • We have a Home Depot registry.  As PP said, you can't access it online and you have to go into the store and write things by hand.  However, it was worth it.  At our shower, we received several gifts from HD and many gift cards.  We also registered at BBB, but since I already own a home, there's only so much I needed from there.  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I really considered Lowes but they stopped doing it.  We really wanted household items and tools because we are fixing up a moneypit- we ended up going with a "wish" registry as one of our two because we wanted to add things we couldn't really find anywhere else- it is working great! 

We are using www.uponourstar.com and you can add anything really- we also have some furniture and a couple honeymoon items on it.  I think it is a nice alternative if you are looking for some less traditional things (like we were).  HTH! 
  • When my brother got married, my parents and his FI's parents spread by word of mouth that they would like HD gift cards. They got enough to get new flooring throughout their house. Pretty nice.
  • The Home Depot thing must be regional then, because they do not offer that here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards