Registry and Gift Forum
Options

gift cards

We have the house already, cars, furniture, dishes and have a HOME bascially. I am 33 and he is 43. We have decided to just ask for gift cards but you know people will still buy pots and pans like we are just starting out. When you combine two households, you bascially have everything.

Re: gift cards

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_gift-cards-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:463db7f9-411c-4f4f-ac96-f12314e48a7ePost:93207cec-deaa-4bc8-b266-5cd120a9faa5">gift cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have the house already, cars, furniture, dishes and have a HOME bascially. I am 33 and he is 43. We have decided to just ask for gift cards but you know people will still buy pots and pans like we are just starting out. When you combine two households, you bascially have everything.
    Posted by joiner521[/QUOTE]

Is there a question in your post?
  • Options
    We're going to register for sex toys, and Amex gift cheques. For reals.
  • Options

I know I am going to get a ^$*(&$ Storm for this one...But unless you want to replace items that you already have for new ones, like dishes and towels...then why not do a honeymoon registry?  My FI and I are doing that after seeing the last 6 of our friends do it...and btw.  we already ran it by family members and they are all about it.

We are 28 and 29, have well established careers and have lived together for over a year.  We have everything we need and so our only registry is a honeymoon registry.  We have only received positive feedback for it from our guests...and after contributing to 6 other honeymoon registries before ours, for friends our age I have to say I love the idea over buying someone that really great platter they wanted that has sat boxed in their garage for the past 5 years...or that wonderful china that they will use when they are 45.

Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards