Registry and Gift Forum
Options

A little bit of love for my C&B registry

We just got a post card in the mail telling us that the stoneware we registered for will be discontinued in 2 months. Disappointing, especially since we only got married this summer, but it was nice to know. And of course they send that out to be able to sell more, but I would rather know than not. We went and ordered a few more matching dishes.

Re: A little bit of love for my C&B registry

• Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_a-little-bit-of-love-for-my-cb-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:487da00a-5453-4493-9422-43653df44042Post:42d01035-6d92-40df-a623-2a1d641ca9a2">A little bit of love for my C&B registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just got a post card in the mail telling us that the stoneware we registered for will be discontinued in 2 months. Disappointing, especially since we only got married this summer, but it was nice to know. And of course they send that out to be able to sell more, but I would rather know than not. We went and ordered a few more matching dishes.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

<div>I appreciate that they do this and I love C&B designs, but I really wish they didn't discontinue things so much. You're lucky it happened before your wedding.</div><div>
    </div><div>I spent way too long deciding on what wine glasses I wanted, only to have them discontinued a month later. I then had to go in again and pick out new ones. I'm sure by the time one of them breaks, the line will possibly be discontinued and I'll just have to find the closest one to it. </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We also loved our C and B registry, and got VERY lucky on timing.  The dessert plates, bakers, two of our bowl sets and a few other items all discontinued within a month before or after our wedding.  Thankfully, in the case of the items that discontinued before the wedding, they were given as shower gifts a few months in advance.   

We have a set of Parker Bowls that I love, but I did realize now that if one breaks we will likely be unable to replace it.

That said, I've been just so impressed with their customer service from start to finish!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards