Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Say Anything Wednesday

Re: Say Anything Wednesday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok what is with this 100+ degree weather already. That's not supposed to hit until the end of July.  You can't walk outside for more than minute without sweating.  This heat is no fun.
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FU housing market!  I want to move!  Someone please buy our house.  Thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It would be awesome if my event coordinator would answer my emails more promptly. I understand that he has 3.5 months of weddings prior to mine, but it would be great if I felt like answering my questions were at least a TINY bit of a priority to him.

image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1)  My mom sent this forward to me and about 20 other people this morning.  One of those people being my friend who's mother has late stage breast cancer.  The forward states after a few pretty garish clip art pictures..."If you believe in God send this to 10 people.  This is a test!  You have 20 minutes to send this" I know my mom was just trying to let my friend know that she was thinking of her and that God loves her and what-not...but seriously?  My mom has only met my friend like once and that was at my wedding.  It's just weird...and while I know she means well, I don't want her sending any more forwards to my friends.  I have NO IDEA how she got her e-mail address...maybe from her Susan G. Komen race for the cure page?  But it still creeps me out.

2) I posted a picture of Dexter "graduating" from puppy class.  In the picture it looks like he's chewing on our trainer's hand but in reality he's trying to get a treat out of his hand.  My mom made some comment about how Dexter needs to be taught how not to chew on people.  I'm like "DUDE!"  So I told her what was up with the picture, she PMed me back that she was just joking and she guessed the humor didn't get through in her comment.  Um, no it didn't.

3)  She was supposed to not be on Facebook anymore in the first place because it's "bad for her" (IE. She spends too much time on there trying to see what my dad is up to since she doesn't trust him) yet lately she's been commenting on my status updates and pictures.  I feel like bringing this up, but know that she'll feel like I'm attacking her and get all defensive and pissy. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today is my Friday!!!!

I tried watching the 3rd season of Big Bang Theory online to get caught up but it's nowhere to be found.  Same with Rescue Me.  Then I tried to watch last nights Hawthorne but no go there either.

We saw Date Night last night.  First movie we have seen in a theater in gosh knows how many months.  It was the second movie I have watched with Mark Walhberg in a couple of days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh and 4) I still haven't heard anything back about the job.  I know they said it'd be a few days but I'm really hoping they call me today to just let me know one way or the other. 
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I finally went and saw SATC 2 this past weekend and I did not like it at all... boo!
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I seriously can't stand my job another day.  I'm not a grass is greener kind of person by any means, but everyone found out about their yearly raises yesterday.  It was the deadline.  Have I heard anything?  No.

I don't belong to any particular department so when it comes to administrative stuff, no one claims me.   That has its pro's and con's...but yeah, it is nice to actually feel like  a part of a team once in a while.
  • Options
    annielouiseannielouise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I with PP on not being able to stand the job one more day.  I had a guy call and ask for a department that doesn't even exist so I asked him a few questions to determine who I needed to forward the call to--and this is what I got, "You know what, nevermind, I will just call the Pittsburg office and let them know that you weren't willing to help me." and hung up on me.  REALLY?  Not willing to help you?  Screw that guy and I HOPE he calls the other office because then I know that I wont have to deal with him again. 
    Luckily FI and I leave tomorrow for my brother's wedding (YAY!!) and will get to finally see my family after almost 2 years.

• Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hang on Mariah... I interviewed for a job 6 weeks ago, and they still haven't let me know anything.  I used to work for the guy, so it's not like he is going to blow me off, they just take FOREVER....
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and a little b*tch here...

I go to take a shower at the gym this morning, and someone had left a bloody pad rolled up in the corner.  Ugh, I thought I was going to puke it was so discusting.  I'm still about to thinking about it.

WHO DOES THAT?!?!?
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so tired of studying.  I know I'm in the stretch and I really need to just hang in there for one more month.  It's exhausting.  When I'm not studying - I feel guilty for not studying. 

FI's mom's husband (he doesn't call him his stepdad) was airlifted to a hospital in Houston yesterday.  FMIL called me yesterday in tears asking that I pray for him.  I was in tears by the end of the conversation.  It breaks my heart.  I wish I could do something to help (besides pray).  :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I received the bedding I ordered yesterday and it looks great in my room. Thanks for the help on that one ladies! Good choice.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I've started to avoid going into the bank to make deposits because I get annoyed with the "personal bankers" that always try and sell me stuff.

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my first B-pic nightmare last night.  I dreamed Chelsea emailed me a teaser--I looked like a hooker.  An old hooker.  I woke up so happy it was a dream.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really frustrated with 90% of the people on my team. They're loud, and annoying, and spend more time at people's desks talking and socializing than they do working. I'm all for that, you can do whatever you want, as long as you don't come over to my desk and try to start up a converstaion with me when I'm supposed to be working. That makes me look bad, because then it looks like I'm involved in all this socializing.

I come in, do my 8 hours, and go home! Why can't everyone work that way!

Although, if my boss knew I was on the knot he probably wouldn't be too thrilled. But, at least I'm not disrupting anyone else, and I "look" like I'm working! Innocent
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lauren - Me too!!  I almost always use the ATM deposit machine so I don't have to talk to them.   I was considering changing banks because I don't like to be harassed about taking advantage of new services every time I go in there.  It's one thing to ask and allow me to decline, but entirely another to try to shove it down my throat.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm just so excied that i'm the knottie of the week!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I miss the beach!!
    kristelajose-105 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back, Kris!
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Donna!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and am I the only one who doesn't give one flying crap about the World Cup?!

I think I am...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NMac-- No, I'm right here with you on that one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    serlace - I'll keep him in my prayers too!

I wish I could just walk out of here... It's not that I hate my job it's that I feel like I'm wasting my time here. I didn't go to school for 6 years to do this!

Also, Mother I am tired of you period. Stop threating me about not paying for what you said you would either do it and get the stuff you want or don't (which is fine), but realize I will be cutting down a lot of the fluff you want and demand. Plus, I'm not that fat quit saying that.. it's surprising I don't have a terrible eating disorder because of you. I wish I could stop talking about wedding stuff with you, but you never stop.
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stephie-- that made me laugh. Nothing worse than sexy b-pics turning out as old hooker pics!

Speaking of b-pics. I think I might do some before I get pregnant. I'm nervous though because I'm not very photogenic. I'd hate to spend the time and money and look crappy in all of them -- much like my engagment pictures. Undecided
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is more of a B&M:
    To all the wedding guests that RSVP'd yes and did not show, you suck!!! If you had just said no in the first place we could have saved $800 on the extra food we did not need!!
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel worthless at work today... I need to be being productive, so that my work will stop piling up on me, but I feel like it's an endless, out of control spiral.

Stephie - are you using Chelsea McGowan for your b-pics???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back kris!!!   I love your new sig pic!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am indecisive. (The first step of fixing a problem is admitting that there is one.)
    My indecisiveness is really making wedding planning difficult, especially since my MOH and my close friends live far from me. My FI is really frustrating me because he is like "whatever you want."  I wanted to elope but he wanted a wedding so it really isn't "whatever I want."

/end rant

Just wanted to get it out there.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d065f5f6-46bd-49d9-a46b-574ccfb9d33bPost:cb211693-02bd-483b-93c1-817ce9fc93cb">Re: Say Anything Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]NMac-- No, I'm right here with you on that one.
    Posted by cherrrylll[/QUOTE]

At least I'm not alone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards