Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Say Anything Wednesday

Re: Say Anything Wednesday

• Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks Mariah!! I cannot wait to see the pro pics!

kristelajose-105 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ezzy I am so indecisive!  I drove everyone crazy on here while I was planning!  :)

Angie, yes, I'm using Chelsea in October.  Cheryl, I never thought I'd do these but her special was so good I thought, what the heck?  It will make a nice anniversary present.  And I want to do them before I'm too old!

Kris--welcome back! :) Ugh, we had 9 people no-show--what is WITH people??  I think they just don't understand that you're paying for them.  I have vowed to be a better wedding guest now that I've had my own!
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Deepthi--you aren't fat. Apparently your mom and my flower girl (in reality probably her parents) think alike.. :)

She was supposed to not be on Facebook anymore in the first place because it's "bad for her" (IE. She spends too much time on there trying to see what my dad is up to since she doesn't trust him) yet lately she's been commenting on my status updates and pictures.  I feel like bringing this up, but know that she'll feel like I'm attacking her and get all defensive and pissy. 

Mariah--I have an aunt like this. She ended up defriending me, and when she got over her hissy fit, I never friended her back :) She would comment all over everything and stalk me. Still sends me facebook messages, but I ignore most of them

Also, Ashley Furniture sucks. We ordered a couch and loveseat May 31st, and they tried to deliver a couch and chair yesterday. We specified three times in the store we wanted the loveseat, not the chair, and negotiated a price based on that. Apparently the salesperson didn't get it even though I was paranoid about it and they are trying to charge us $49 (or $53 it keeps changing) to get the loveseat. WHAT!!!! I already paid for it ARGH!
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kris- YES!  That really pissed me off that people said yes then didn't show (and several of them were from FI's family... SOB's).  Do people not realize that these events are per head?  And welcome back, btw!  I miss the beach, too.

Steph- HA!  I LOLed on that.

Cherrrylll- can you link or PIP your bedding, if you don't mind?  I'm curious and I missed that post.  I'm in the market for bedding, too.  I think that's what I'm doing with my BBB gift cards from the wedding.

This is the first day I'm really home and off from all the wedding festivities... and my house is a WRECK!  Gifts, wedding stuff, suitcases, laundry coming out my ears, boxes of leftover cake... Ahhh!  I don't think my house will ever be in order again.  
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh- and I also could care less about the World Cup.  I know nothing about it.  When we were on our HM, it was everywhere!  I can't tell you how many times we were asked who our team was and the crazy looks we got when we said we didn't have a favorite. 

Carter born 5/28/11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I STILL get sad when I think about Ben's old guitar teacher that RSVP'd yes for the wedding and didn't show.  Ben said when he got up to the front at the ceremony, he started scanning the guests looking for him.  He was so excited when he thought he was coming because he hadn't seen him for years.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amber,
    Three days after our wedding, I went back to work but I was so.....I don't know how to describe it about being at work when the house was a shambles.  We could barely walk anywhere!  There is still some work to do (a year later now) but at least we can walk around the house.  :-)

Our TAKS scores were good enough to be recognized but we had to wait on our completion (graduation) rates for the official word.  My principal bought an $800 banner saying we were recognized back in March (before TAKS).  We got word yesterday that our completion rate is not good enough for us to be recognized.  I'm mad as hell (because we were two students away) but I laughed my butt off that my principal wasted that money when we are in a budget crunch and had to send all our leftover money back to district offices at the end of the school year.  I'm also wondering why the hell someone at admin. let him buy it.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm at the point in my job search where I can no longer limit my search to only music libraries, because I really really need a full time job, I want to be back in our own place before the wedding. So I've decided to start applying for academic library jobs within a five hour drive of DFW and public library jobs in the DFW area. I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. It makes me so sad to have to give up on being in a music library.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I either need to have this baby now or never leave the house again. This heat is literally disabling me from doing anything. I could barely manage to go pick up my Co-Op food this morning. Oh, and working? Yeah, that doesn't happen anymore.

And I'm loving every second of World Cup. I've woken up to watch all the games every day. That USA/Algeria game could have easily put me in to labor!!!
  • Options
    CJandMLCJandML member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made a 110 on my paper I turned in ! It make me feel great that i'm finishing my degree on a high note. Two more weeks to I am completely done with my undergrad in finance!
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julie- yes!  I'm tripping over things and I have no idea where to start.  I just keep staring at it all wondering how in the world I'm going to tackle this.

Steph- that's horrible.  That made me sad to read.   Did Ben ever talk to him after the wedding?  I don't think some people realize how much the time and effort means to the couple.  Jarrod's DAD (who RSVPed 2) skipped out on the reception as well as his aunt (who RSVPed 3).  Really?  Sigh.  

Carter born 5/28/11

• Options
    edited December 2011

Emi- When are you due? I think we're going to start TTC in the fall or winter, which if we're successful, will put me at term in the middle of the summer. I don't know if I can deal with that! I figure though that it could take few months of trying, so I'll just have to chance it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Steph, I took that vow too!! lol. My cousin is getting married next month, as soon as I got the invite I filled out the RSVP and mailed it back the same day.
    Most people really just don't understand all the work and money that goes into a wedding. One of FIs groomsman was inviting random people before the wedding and FI told him that we would have to pay for those people to eat, he was surprised and said he had no idea!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kris - Welcome back!!   I hear you on the guest no show's... I think we had about 4 which isn't bad.  Two of them, however, were my half-sister and her husband.  They live out of town and I haven't seen them in years, and I was SO excited they were coming.  To this day I still have not received a call, email, or card from them congratulating us or explaining why they weren't there. 

I also care zero about soccer...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amber, no Ben hasn't talked to him.  It just broke my heart when he told me that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d065f5f6-46bd-49d9-a46b-574ccfb9d33bPost:e16ffa2d-4c3f-4982-bdab-9ac21752728f">Re: Say Anything Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of FIs groomsman was inviting random people before the wedding and FI told him that we would have to pay for those people to eat, he was surprised and said he had no idea!!!
    Posted by Kris612[/QUOTE]

Holy crap I would be so mad if I had to pay a lot of extra money for people I didn't expect. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had several no shows!! Remember the guest that RSVPd for 14, only 4 showed!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Amber - This is what I ended up getting from Target http://tinyurl.com/2dnhocp

This is what I actually wanted, but they didn't carry in King size: http://tinyurl.com/24dgkdg

And this is from BB&B that came in 2nd in the voting: http://tinyurl.com/23aj8dt

Edit: Hopefully links work this time.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Cheryll - my official due date is July 10th, but I'm officially full-term now, at 37.5 weeks. The weather hasn't been bad until this week. I suspect I'll have this kiddo sometime late next week since my drs don't think I'll physically be able to carry after 39. You'll probably be fine. I was really sick the first 4 months and looking back, I'm grateful that I was sick during the cold months.

Good luck TTC. We didn't really try...it was a happy surprise! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Emily, while I don't wish full term on you considering this heat and how miserable you must be right now....  I hear July 6th is like the BEST day to have a baby.  AHEM-it's my birthday :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Emi- Time flies around here! Seems so recent that you announced your pregnancy. You'll probably be too busy to post here after next week, but you'll have to stop in sometime and show us some pictures!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mariah! Yeah, we are all really pulling for a 4th of July baby. I at least want to hold out until July. That seems like a comfortable month for me. As much as I hate the heat, knowing this baby can come any time is a scarier feeling!!!

I'll add July 6th to my list... :)
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emi--I cant wait to see pictures!

I have more...

The luggage our airline lost was found, but still hasn't been delivered yet...

We bought a washer/dryer burt just figurered out there is no dryer vent. Luckily landlord is on top of it. but the dirty clothers are piling up.

I'm not pregnant. Though I was so paranoid I was that I've been through 4 tests since our honeymoon. Sorry for the TMI.

I'm already drinking.
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cheryl- thanks!  I love those.  I just did our bathroom in pale blue and gray, so that 3rd one would look good- it would flow well.  Thanks for linking those.  

Carter born 5/28/11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Marissa- Are you drunk? You're slurrerring. :P
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-40?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d065f5f6-46bd-49d9-a46b-574ccfb9d33bPost:bd432e10-583f-47f1-8445-7bb495f916ee">Re: Say Anything Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Emily, while I don't wish full term on you considering this heat and how miserable you must be right now....  I hear July 6th is like the BEST day to have a baby.  AHEM-it's my birthday :)
    Posted by Mariah09202008[/QUOTE]

July 6th is my birthday too!  So, I think that's an excellent day to have your baby!  :)

I had my daughter when I was 38 weeks, 2 days.  The end is SO CLOSE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    with everything that is going on in my already-dysfunctional-at-best family, last night the FI and I shared a late late night chat that just really put me at ease...and reminded me so strongly why i want to become his wife. i got that affirmation inside, that no matter what is going on around us--we are gonna be ok...and not just ok, we will be happy. we are allowed to be.
    that was so nice. i wanted to just ravage him and run off and elope. lol...slightly dramatic...but i did say to him "why don't we just go off and get married"....lol...we want our kids there, etc...so we will see.
    he's such a good man, and he is my knight. screw the middle age crisis mother and her antics...geez.
    i am now peeling on my back from my attempts to soak in some rays last weekend, fun. the front is browning...back is now peeling where i couldn't get the lotion...nice nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank Marrissa... She's just been on me about everything and I don't know if I can handle this for an entire year! That sucks about your furniture! Make sure they fix all that or I can talk to them.. my sister says I get stern with people and get them to do what I want. I don't know if it was a compliment. Also, good that your not preggo... but being drunk before 1?? Hey your married do as you may

This thread has taken on a life of it's own.
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i posted awhile back about FI furniture store that he runs...my MOH was a manager at ashley furniture...anyway...if you're needing any help with furniture shopping, he would be happy to help.  he can get just about everything that ashley furniture has for a lot less...and no hassle.  just let me know.
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hester- I'm in the market for a few new pieces.  Can you send that link again?  If I were a good Knottie, I'd go back a few pages.... sigh.  But I'm not (::hangs head in shame::)  Thanks!

ETA:  Found it!  And it's even on my side of town :)

Carter born 5/28/11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards