Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Miserable experience registering at BB&B... Normal?

2»

Re: Miserable experience registering at BB&B... Normal?

• Options
    We registerd at BB&B and went back 2 other times and had none of these problems.  After the lady explained everything to us she told us which way to walk and let us go.  A random other sales guy gave advice when we were looking at pots (and then proceeded to recommend the photographer he used) But there was no pressure at all.   We basically only picked out our china and every day plates the first day (and we chose the cheapest there was).  The other two times we went to other stores and we were given the gun and left alone.  Ive had great experiences with BB, even with returns on a few mis-purchases...Sorry not everyone was so lucky.
  • Options
    Spunky414Spunky414 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    That totally sucks. We had zero problems registering there, although we had started our registry online. We walked up to the registry counter, she handed us all the flyers, showed us how to work the gun, tried to talk us into china but stopped instantly once I said I've inherited a set and we didn't see her until we returned the gun. We did have more employees asking us if we needed help than usual but I think it might have been because we were taking our time in each section. They've also been good taking back some of our causal dishes that got shipped to us broken and reordered us new ones. I would not have handled having someone following us around the store well.

ETA: The rule of 3s is super weird, their website only recommends double the number of gifts as guests. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_miserable-experience-registering-at-bbb-normal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:b5b0c224-5a57-4679-a870-17669aaf5576Post:805875e4-3620-4214-ba11-527a7acd1288">Re: Miserable experience registering at BB&B... Normal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well... I am now throughly convinced that I won't be going in a BBB for my registry!
    Posted by thurmanpowell[/QUOTE]

Did you read half the posts?  Only some people had these problems.  Other people, like myself, had a wonderful experience.  I wouldn't write it off.  I think BBB is excellent for range of prices and quality of items - far better than Pottery Barn or Williams-Sonoma.  But that's me.  I'd go in, see what it's like, and take it from there.  If they suck, you have every right to walk away.
  • Options
    I'm sorry a lot of you ladies seemed to have a bad time at BB&B! I loved the girl that helped me, she wasn't pushy at all and actually listened to what I had to say.
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • Options
    KellyBrian! We told our sales lady that we didn't like fancy things, either, that we liked more organic styles, etc., and she suggested the tree-branch plates, too! To be fair, I do love them, but not at $50 per place setting. She also didn't let on that it was $50 per place setting, but instead, made it sound like it was $50 for four (which would have been far more reasonable). Needless to say, I registered for some lovely dishware at Target.

Otherwise, the only time the sales lady was pushy at BB&B was when she INSISTED that we add crystal to our registry. "You will have guests who want to give you a traditional crystal gift," she said. Nope, none of my family members and certainly none of my friends are going to buy me a $150 crystal vase.
  • Options
    Wow, these stories are awful.

I was not sure what to expect when we went to register for our wedding for the 1st time but I just assumed we would get the gun and be on our way.  However, the sales associate followed us around and scanned te items we gave her (she actually slowed us down) but it was a great expererience anyway.  She answered questions we had, stayed mainly in the background and even though she offered suggestions (like "do you need pots", do you need plates, etc), she was not pushy at all.  Very helpful And even steered us in the right direction for things we were looking for or forgot about.  

I do hope at our next registry, we get to use the gun though. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Just wanted to say I did not register at BBB (just to be clear).
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I registered online and therefore didn't have any of these issues.  I'd prefer to register online anyway because I can compare customer ratings on kitchen electronics and stuff.  My brother is  DM for BBB and from what I know, they don't do anything like this at his stores.  I will give him all of your feedback though so maybe they can work on correcting this issue at some of the stores.  This reminds me of when I worked at Gymboree and we HAD to pull at least three outfits even if the customer declined our help.  It was humiliating as an employee to have to be like, "Listen, I know you are fully capable of shopping for clothes for your child by yourself, and I know you don't want my help, but I have to do this because my manager is watching."  I quit within a month.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kkos89kkos89 member
    First Comment
    this is why we registered online for both of our registries- BBB & Kohls
    April 2012 September Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards