Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Amazon Universal Registry

I cannot decide on a registry because I am so torn. I am currently registered at BB and Beyond and Amazon. Most of my guests are older and likely do not order stuff online, so I thought I should have a local store registry as well. I picked BB and B. I love Amazon because I can add gifts from anywhere.

Given that I have both registries, if I add a gift from BB and B, it will update on my Amazon registry. Is there a way to update on both without doing it manually? Just curious.

Re: Amazon Universal Registry

• Options
    edited June 2012
    You probably shouldn't add duplicates of everything to both registries, otherwise you could end up with two. I also registered at BB&B and Amazon, but I put different things on each one (for example, towels were on BBB and cooking utensils from williams-sonoma were on the amazon universal registry). I wanted 12 china place settings, and I put 6 on each registry because they were considerably cheaper on amazon, but many of the people who like to buy china overlap with the people who don't like to order things online. We got 5/6 settings purchased on each registry, so that seemed to be a decent approach. 

ETA: I have a few friends who registered at Amazon in the past, and they also used it to register for things that did not overlap with their other registries. 
  • Options
    Maybe I worded it wrong, sorry. I am trying to think the best way to explain this.

I have a B B and B registry. If I add those items to my Amazon universal list, are they connected? If one of my guests purchase from BBB, then will it update on both the BBB and the Amazon list.
  • Options
    I'm not sure that you worded it wrong the first time (or maybe I am just understanding). If you registered for a specific item at BB&B, you should NOT also add the same item to the amazon universal registry (unless you purposely want multiples of the item). They are not connected. 
  • Options
    i agree. if you have item X on BBB, then don't put it on Amazon or else you'll get duplicates.   If you used Amazon universal to add item Y, item Y will NOT automatically show up on your BBB registry.  The two registries do not 'talk' to each other.

keep the regsitry items separate.  if you add the same items onto both registries, you're technically registering for double the amount, so you may end up with lots of duplicates.  its perfectly normal to have items ABC on one registry and XYZ on another.  people will usually check both registries when browsing for gifts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards