Registry and Gift Forum
Options

coffee maker help

Re: coffee maker help

• Options
    I don't know if this would be appropriate for you, but I have a Cuisinart maker with a thermal carafe and I love it.  But, DH gets up for work at 5, makes and has one cup of coffee, and then I have coffee when I get up a bit later.

The carafe keeps coffee hot and fresh for at least a full 24 hours.
  • Options
    FI is not a coffee drinker but i love my coffee. i had a cuisinart and ended up wasting a lot of coffee. we got a keurig (sp?) k-cup maker and i love it. it makes a single cup at a time, is quick, and it tastes good. i would highly recommend it if you're not looking to make a full pot all the time.
  • Options
    I also recommend the Keurig.  FI and I each drink maybe one cup a day, and it's really easy to use and convenient. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I think the Keurig sounds like a good choice for you guys, since he's just drinking coffee and it makes a cup at a time.  I have used them and know several people who have them and love them, and I believe you can fill your own pods with whatever coffee you want, which makes them super cheap.  Another coffee-only option is the Senseo, which is a bit cheaper and, according to friends, works jut as well.

I have a Tassimo, which is similar to a Keurig but makes a larger variety of drinks - we got it because we're big latte/cappuccino drinkers, and FI ended up buying one for work as well.  There's also a variety of teas and hot cocoas.  If you think that's something you would use, you might want to look into it.  The drawback is that the discs for drinks other than coffee and tea are pretty expensive, though still cheaper than going to Starbucks.  We use our 20% off BB&B coupons to buy thosem which helps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If either of you drink espresso drinks (lattes, cappuccinos, etc.), Nespresso machines and espresso are amazing. Really high quality espresso and foolproof, quick process. Only drawback is that the machines can be pretty pricey.
  • Options
    We got the cuisinart grind and brew and love it.  We brought coffee beans back from honeymoon in Hawaii, the grind and brew is cool if you like fresh beans...I guess there can always be cons.  He drinks his coffee at work so during the week the single pot deals would make more sense for us, but on the weekend we have coffee and breakfast in bed together, so the regular size is working for us overall.  And when we have company, holidays etc I'm guessing we'll want the fullsize pot, do you plan on taking on entertaining?  Register for both kinds;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards