Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Dutch Oven

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good reasonably priced Dutch Oven or a pot that I could do cooking and deep frying in?

I've seen some out there for upwards of 300 bucks!  That's crazy.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
262 Invited image
164 Yes image
38 No image
60 Are making me drink way too much wine!!! image

Re: Dutch Oven

• Options
    Well the ones you're seeing are the ones I would recommend, so I'm no help.  I recommend Le Creuset.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I registered for a Fontignac dutch oven from BBB. We just got it and I can't wait to use it.  It seems very sturdy and it's made in France :)

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I'd also recommend Le Creuset.  It's cast-iron enamel and Le Creuset gives a lifetime guarantee.  Cast iron without the enamel is great but I wouldn't use it for acidic sauces such as anything with a tomato base.

If you don't want to spend the money on Le Creuset, sign up for a membership with Cooks Illustrated and review their ratings of dutch oves.  I believe the Mario Batali version is highly rated by them but I can't remember. 
  • Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Lodge Enameled. The paint chipped on ours, and we called them about it. They sent us a new one that day, no questions asked. They didn't even require us to send them back the old one (which is still usable, just have to be careful).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_dutch-oven-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:dc1ab979-bfac-49c8-9998-340bd38dfb6fPost:630cb279-97e3-477c-9546-b34b9f0d26d3">Re: Dutch Oven</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also a huge fan of anything Le Creuset. You should check and see if there is an outlet nearby. There's one by me and they are usually about half the price of the department stores. I have the large dutch oven, grill pan, fondue pot and teapot and love them!!! So easy to clean!
    Posted by Farynyk[/QUOTE]

Agree on Le Creuset. I have one from the outlet - if you give them your mailing address they will send you 30% off coupons. I believe mine is 7 or 9 qt and I got it for 30% off, so I believe I spent $120. Personally, I would rather buy that myself at the outlet if I could, rather than registering for one that would be $270, which would be a big gift and probably split between 3 people.

Even though it is an outlet model it still has a lifetime warranty. The only "defect" with mine is that ther is a miniscule dot of colored enamel on the inside (maybe 2mm?) which doesn't affect performance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards