Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Question

When choosing our Kitchenaid stand mixer I noticed there are two different options:Tilt-Head

Bowl-Lift

Which one did you choose? Does anyone have a preference and why?
Anniversary

Re: Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Question

• Options
    Bowl lift ones are usually the more powerful motors (and are bigger capacity bowls. ) 

This is the style I have, and love it.  I've used the tilt head model as well, but I am not as thrilled with its performance.  There have been a couple of things I make regularly (marshmallows) that don't do as well in the tilt head model.  
  • Options
    Yes, usually the difference is that the bowl lift have the biggest motors. If you think you might ever use it for doughs you will want the biggest motor. I really like my tilt head but think I might like the bowl lift better, my daughter has one.

• Options
    I have the tilt head and my mom has the bowl lift. Frankly it's kind of a pain in the butt having the bowl lift. I really prefer the tilting head!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also, check this thread for some responses from the R&G board just earlier this week:

Hope that helps!! :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    The tilted head is a 4.5 or 5  quart capacity bowl and the lift head is a 6 quart capacity bowl. We have the 6 quart because I bake/ entertain a lot and I think it's easier to get the attachments off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I prefer the tilt-head--easier to lift, plus it's not quite so expensive which means I'm more likely to actually get it... 
    "He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at."
  • Options
    I have the bowl lifter, it has more power which I wanted. It is really simple to put the beater on and off (not sure what those that are saying it is a pain are talking about). I love it!!!
    Make sure the one that lifts up and down has the attachment capability as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards