Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Flame Free Friday

Re: Flame Free Friday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame:

1.   Discovery Channel because every time I turn it on it is "Shark Week"
    2.   Everyone who wants to put a mosque at Ground Zero.
    3.   The girl doing Project Husband, she is immature and irresponsible.
    4.   Brides with large tattoos in conspicuous areas.  It's really tacky.
    5.   People who give their dogs away. 
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame some step relatives to whom I am close. My mother is divorcing my step-father, he was never nice to me, he has made scenes at every family function for the last 20 years, he is therefore absolutely NOT invited to the wedding.

I can not risk my own mental well-being on my wedding day to worry about what he might say/do. Get the hell over it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    People who ask stuff on the boards that's been asked a hundred times already. Please search the boards for the threads on photographers/venues/etc before posting, thanks. AND People who want recommendations without giving details on their location or budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. agree with Tiffany on the dogs.  I get a few emails a week through Paws in the City about new groups of dogs we have coming in.  I'm picking up a new foster this weekend.  It's crazy.  All our dogs are on petfinder and right now we have OVER 148!!  Makes me so sad.  All these dogs are so precious and sweet.
    2. My photographer.  He's a friend so I'm feeling like we aren't his priority.  I've been trying to schedule my bridals for about a month now.  Getting aggrevated!
    3. work. Just work in general.  I like my job but it gets in the way of other things I want to do that don't pay me.  Oh well.  C'est la vie.

4. Oh and half of the designers on the new season of Project Runway.  Too many over the top gay guys are starting to get on my nerves.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flame-friday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d9b37118-145e-4dbe-977f-7be772e34b95Post:80e7a3c7-10d3-494f-8272-908faed29294">Re: Flame Free Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame: 2.   Everyone who wants to put a mosque at Ground Zero.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

I second this.  My coworker is furious.
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame my calendar for always being so d-mn busy!!!!!  Surprised
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    balfour00: Is there any cost to foster? We can't afford another pet right now but would be willing to foster, especially if there was an additional incentive. Are food, vet care, etc. paid for?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flame-friday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d9b37118-145e-4dbe-977f-7be772e34b95Post:80e7a3c7-10d3-494f-8272-908faed29294">Re: Flame Free Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame: 2.   Everyone who wants to put a mosque at Ground Zero.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

THIS!!!

1. I flame those who are trying to bring back the 70's mustache.  I've seen a few this week and it is so not becoming.

TAM - I have fostered for DFW Lab rescue (taking a little break due to the wedding), and you are responsible for food, and sometimes transportation, but the rescue paid for any vet bills, medicine, heartworm pills, etc.  I found I was going through a lot more toys, dog beds, etc b/c the foster would chew things up, but everything I spent towards a rescue was tax deductible.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tam427 - no cost to foster at all.  PAws pays for any vet bills and I'm sure they can cover food.  I always just feed the foster what I give my dog.  You can find out more at www.pawsinthecity.org. There is a tab for fostering info and you can always email with any questions.
    I love doing this.  There are also a few others ways to help out that aren't monetary.  Transporting dogs to adoption events and working at adoption events are other things I do.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lesa,
    Stick to your guns.  I didn't invite one of my dad's brothers because he has shown on several occasions that he doesn't have an inner voice that says "Don't say that".  Like the time he called my mom Roseanne (Roseanne Barr). 

Tiffany and shortgirl,
    I don't like the idea of a mosque down there but maybe some of the people in NYC are better than me in the forgive and forget department.  I'm pretty much in last place on that one.

I'm going to flame:
    1.  Bill for not letting me even buy the movie "Poltergeist".  I love that movie!!!! 
    2.  I understand if you get busy--I'm busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest (to borrow a phrase from my mom).  But I still make time for my cats.  Isn't one of the good about having dogs that you can take them for walks and get exercise with them? 
    3.  All those people who are mad because Mark Cuban didn't get the Rangers.  I think the best men got the Rangers.  We got two guys who don't own another sports team and the Rangers will be their sole focus.  Plus, Nolan Ryan is like a baseball god in my family. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RE the mosque: Last I heard they were wanting to dedicate (or whatever that word is) the mosque on 9/11/2011...the same day they plan to dedicate the new WTC buildings and the memorial.  I haven't put a lot of effort into seeing if that is still true but does anyone know?  I think that is BS and an even bigger F you than we are getting in the first place.

My boss is getting butt hurt over facebook.  Her boss deleted her because all she was doing was stalking him and reporting every little thing he was doing to his boss.  Don't get your panties in a wad over facebook, people!  Better yet, don't do it at all if all you are going to do is bitch about people deleting you.
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I mentioned something about people giving their pets away the other day on here and was afraid *I* would be the subject of a flame!
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flame-friday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d9b37118-145e-4dbe-977f-7be772e34b95Post:01360e5e-4e06-4f4a-a9d3-a1e13a5be090">Re: Flame Free Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Don't get your panties in a wad over facebook, people!  Better yet, don't do it at all if all you are going to do is bitch about people deleting you.</strong>
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]

This.  Totally.

I flame people coming on to this board and asking for help with their color pallette.... I know that we've flamed it before but SERIOUSLY.

I'm also going to repeat Tiffany when I say:  GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heck No, Joanne.  The only reason I can currently think of to get rid of a dog is if it attacks your baby.... and even then most are just jealous and can be trained/will adjust/can be set up outside with a bed and a house, etc.

I've grown up with dogs, and they were like kids.  You don't move somewhere where they can't go, you pay extra for them at apartments, etc.   I've never considered giving one up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One more thing about the mosque....
    I don't think it's a done deal.  I think there's still a couple more hoops for them to jump through and a few more opportunities for NYC and their boards to say no.
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard a little bit on the news about the mosque thing.  Is it actually being built on ground zero?  I thought they were going to tear down some old building that is currently empty and build a mosque there?  If they aren't building on ground zero, but a few streets over, I don't see the problem. 

I don't think anyone else should really tell anyone where they can and can't build a house of worship.  Now, if the funds used to build this mosque are provided by a terrorist group, then yeah, I disagree with that, but not because it's being built near ground zero, but because of where the money is coming from.  But if people are just throwing a fit because it's a mosque and they don't want it that close to ground zero, then I think that's a little overkill.  It only increases the mistrust and hatred between Muslims and other religious groups.

I know 9/11 is a really sensitive subject for everyone.  My birthday is 9/12, and I remember the fact that my best friend who is Muslim couldn't go to the mall to celebrate with me because her parents were concerned for her safety.  I do, however, I think they could pick a better day to dedicate it other than 9/11.

Okay, I'm done.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flame-friday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d9b37118-145e-4dbe-977f-7be772e34b95Post:06505cac-cfcb-4e06-bd1e-d88441bbc3f9">Re: Flame Free Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]People who ask stuff on the boards that's been asked a hundred times already. Please search the boards for the threads on photographers/venues/etc before posting, thanks. AND People who want recommendations without giving details on their location or budget.
    Posted by tam427[/QUOTE]

This x1000000.

People always come on here asking for reviews on the exact same venues and cake vendors. It gets really old, and really annoying.

It's also annoying when people come on here with really broad questions like "I need help picking out a budget friendly photographer" Um, ok. Everyone has a different idea of what "budget friendly" is. Not to mention, if you scroll through a couple pages, you will find this exact post from someone else that will answer your question. Or...maybe just try googling.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame everyone involved in us not having AC right now.

Future in laws for not getting any paperwork on the AC when they bought the house.

The warranty company because they cant look it up in the system and tell us if its a 5 yr or 10 yr warranty.

The warranty company again because if it is a 5 yr warranty it will be up in 3 months and the warranty is prorated which means if something breaks a month after they install it is 99% covered but if something breaks 3 months before the warranty is up it is less than 5% covered.  SERIOUSLY 

In the mean time till the lady who originally owned the house finds her paperwork or the AC company sends someone out to look at the unit to verify the warranty we are without AC and no ETA on when it will be back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Steph,
    I think it's supposed to be on one of the cross streets or something. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame another BM in my friend's wedding.  I asked for pictures for a scrapbook back in June, which she said would be no problem... it's now August & 2 weeks until the bride's shower and she has sent nothing. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Steph - I agree with you in principle.   I don't think anyone should be able to dictate what is built where as long as zoning restrictions are followed.

From what I've read, though, is that they have pitched this thing as a peaceful mosque and community center for moderates, blah blah blah. 

I just don't see how building this thing right near ground zero is promoting peace?  They are just pissing off the rest of the country even more than they already have.   It's going to make it more tense... especially when someone vandalizes it, burns it down, protests outside of it, etc. 

• Options
    annielouiseannielouise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last I heard the mosque was going to be dedicated on 9/11.  My FI lost his stomach when he heard this.  He served a Tour of Duty in Iraq, so I gues sit hit home with him.

I flame:

1. Those who don't RSVP-  I spent time and money to invite you to the freaking wedding, provided you with a stamped & pre-addressed envelop.  Put the damn thing in the mailbox, People.
    2. The guy who dropped off a resume yesterday.  I really wish I could photocopy it and post it online, it was that pitiful.  This guy didn't capitalize his I's when addressing himself, in fact, the grammar all together was ridiculous.  He even said on there, qupte.  "i have lots other experience from working wit my step-dad.  he own lots of different businesses. But i wasnt on payroll cause he paid me cash under the table."
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you, Tiffany.  I think they should be allowed to build it there assuming everything is 100% legal.  Like I think it's wrong for people to say they can't build a mosque there just because they are Muslim, and then those same people wouldn't care if a synagogue or church was build in the same place.  That doesn't mean I think they should build it there.  If people are already this mad and construction hasn't even begun, I can only imagine what some people will do once the building is complete.  It will be a target. 
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Islamic Center, according to the Washington Post, is being proposed 2 blocks away from Ground Zero.  It's not being built at Ground Zero.

I can see the immediate adverse reaction to this as the media hails it "Ground Zero Mosque."  The way I see it, the country has such an anti-Muslim sentiment right now that we are in need of education, education to dispell the Islam=terrorism false conception.  I actually think it would be appropriate to have an Islam education center close to Ground Zero.  As terrible as 9/11 was, we cannot let this drive us into a fear-hate driven mentality like we did with the Japanese Internment camps during WWII or the McCarthyism trials during the Red Scare.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     2. The guy who dropped off a resume yesterday.  I really wish I could photocopy it and post it online, it was that pitiful.  This guy didn't capitalize his I's when addressing himself, in fact, the grammar all together was ridiculous.  He even said on there, qupte.  "i have lots other experience from working wit my step-dad.  he own lots of different businesses. But i wasnt on payroll cause he paid me cash under the table."
    Posted by annielouise[/QUOTE]

hahahahahahahahahahaha. OMG, that is hilarious.  It really does make me want to see the entire resume.  I would've laughed him out of the building.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a great point, Donna.

Cash under the table?  LOL... how funny.  Your not supposed to actually admit that!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, I want to flame the person who RSVP'ed to our wedding with a regret, but forgot to put their name on the RSVP. What a freakin idiot.

Glad to know you're not coming, whoever you are!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flame-friday-22?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d9b37118-145e-4dbe-977f-7be772e34b95Post:62429872-b809-4701-93cb-5fb24e564ed4">Re: Flame Free Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE] 4. Oh and half of the designers on the new season of Project Runway.  Too many over the top gay guys are starting to get on my nerves.
    Posted by balfour00[/QUOTE]

I can't remember his name....but the creepy guy who kept talking about his models' boobs was driving me crazy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    balfour:  that is awesome.... must submit to Failblog!
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do I think that every Muslim wants to bomb America or American interests?  No.  Do I think we are completely blameless in this mess?  No.  Do I think that us letting a mosque and education center will prevent future issues?  No.  I also compare this situation to some of my students.  I make a huge effort to tutor you, become someone you need to help you through the class but, in the end, you still fail my class because you refuse to make a change in yourself (like studying) no matter how small.  It's a give and take thing.  Granted I have simplified it but I don't think that allowing one mosque and an education center in the Ground Zero area is going to fix all this or even be the leading cause to bring change in most Americans' minds. 

By the way, I don't think most New Yorkers consider Ground Zero as just the WTC site.  It wasn't just the WTC that received damage down there.  The Trinity Church, St. Paul's and St. Peter's (I think those three are the names of the churches down there already) received quite a bit of damage themselves and were centers for the wounded, etc.  The Deutschbank Building didn't get hit by either of the planes but it's being torn down because of secondary damage.  On the tops of the street signs, they have little dedications (I don't remember exactly what they say) all around that area of downtown, not just in the WTC site. 

And I'm going to say this even though I know I can get flamed for this:  It still happened and many people in NYC and in this country can't and won't ever forget it.  I think the Muslim community, if they are genuine in being moderate and peace loving, could be a little more mindful about this issue.  It almost seems like, to me, it's rubbing it in the face of the people who had family members die that day.  And again, I'll simplify it:  When Terrell Owens was a 49er and scored a touchdown at Texas Stadium, he went and stood on the star.  That was unacceptable in the eyes of the Cowboy fans.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards