Second Weddings
Options

2nd Marriage - DW - No Bridal Shower

How many 2nd, or more, brides are out there who aren't having a bridal shower?

We are having a small DW in July, only family is attending, and I have NO desire to have a bridal shower.

We have lived together for 6 years, own a house together, and have children already....

My sisters are thinking I'm crazy, but I don't want one. I just want my family to witness our wedding, thats it!

Re: 2nd Marriage - DW - No Bridal Shower

• Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No shower for me either, and also a DW. We made it very clear that we did not want gifts and we were very happy that people were spending time and money to come to our wedding. My Mom, FMIL and wedding party took me out for a great dinner and I really enjoyed the girl time with the ladies I was closest to, far more than I ever would have enjoyed a shower or stagette or anything.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    gnyzgrlgnyzgrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Same here.  We're not having a DW but a small wedding, 60 family & close friends.  No shower, we have everything we need.

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had friends who wanted to plan a shower for us.  We explained that if they did, we would not show up.  ;-)
  • Options
    SueR13SueR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not having a DW, but didn't want a shower. FI's daughter offered to make us one. I felt it wasn't necessary.

I did have a small shower at work which was nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 112 Invited image 80 Joining the fun
    image 30 Missing out image 2 are total flakes
    RSVP Date 07/20/10
  • Options
    edited December 2011

In my opinion, Bridal showers are over rated!  The guests that would attend are usually coming to your wedding and most of them feel obligated to buy a gift for that.  Times are too tough right now to expect people to purchase two gifts. 

• Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't want a shower... most of the people that were at my shower from my first wedding are still my friends. I don't want them to feel obligated to come to another shower and buy another gift. Although, FMIL and FSIL have asked a couple times if I was having one and I hope they don't try to plan a surprise shower.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No shower or gifts for me. I let all my friends know that i don't want that stuff! But i'm open to anyone who wants to buy me a margarita. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In a usual situation I would not want one for several reason well appointed above, but my friends from Italy want to throw a "lingerie shower" for me and I've agreed with it.
    Most of them won't attend the Destination Wedding, some will attend the reception in Italy, and all of them had been in my previous wedding and in my husband funeral as well and they are thrilled that I've found love again and will get married after such big tragedy in my life...I will have the lingerie shower and will love to meet them again, and I am sure we will have a great time!!1
  • Options
    nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I honestly don't know if I will have a shower but I suspect that I will and that is fine with me. This is my second but FI's first. We live closer to his family now, and I would not be surprised if his family threw us a shower. If they did, my family would likely not attend because they live on the other side of the country. My mom would come and posibly my bridesmaids but thats it. It would be all his family. So it would be a completely different crowd than my first shower.
  • Options
    Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No shower, no bachelorette party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No bridal shower for me. 
  • Options
    embracejoyembracejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Second marriage for us too, also a destination wedding, and as far as I know, no bridal shower.  I wouldn't want one anyway.  We don't need anything for our home.  I had a shower for my first wedding, and it was awfully dull and uncomfortable -- I'm not a fan of opening gifts in front of people!

We're not interested in bachelor and bachelorette parties, either.  We're toying with the idea of going wine tasting with our friends and family before the wedding, but we live in the wine country of Northern CA, so it's not an activity that would require a lot of planning...

we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards