Moms and Maids

Distinguishing MOH from Bridesmaids

I will have both a matron and maid of honor, as well as 6 other bridesmaids. The bridesmaids dresses will be short, what do you all think about having long MOH dresses as a way of distinguishing them? The bridesmaids will be in the same color dress but in different styles.

Re: Distinguishing MOH from Bridesmaids

• jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It's a personal preference thing really.  I like the last two options are better, but you could do any of those, or none of those and it would be fine.  Personally, I'm not doing anything different for my MOH,  but I'm only having her and two other bridesmaids, so I'm pretty sure that her standing next to me will distinguish her as the MOH.
    Anniversary
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I like the last two options the best.

If you are doing programs then people will know who your MOHs are.  Putting them in long dresses as opposed to the short one's your BMs are in is up to you, but I really never think it is necessary to make the MOH stand out too much, if they are great friends they will know that you honor them just by asking them to be your MOH not because you are making them wear something different or hold a larger/different bouquet.

• tseguintseguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_distinguishing-moh-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:43ae062d-78ee-4db0-b7fb-b099a71a97d0Post:b8268c42-2213-46e0-8739-c48ea4ac695b">Re: Distinguishing MOH from Bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's a personal preference thing really.  I like the last two options are better, but you could do any of those, or none of those and it would be fine.  Personally, I'm not doing anything different for my MOH,  but I'm only having her and two other bridesmaids, so I'm pretty sure that her standing next to me will distinguish her as the MOH.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

This. My MOH has a bit different dress. It's so subtle you wont really notice. It just happened to be a mix up in the store when she tried it on. We could barely notice so, because she tried that particular one on and it looked great, we decided to keep that style. 
  • Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think any of your choices are okay (although I'd absolutely ask for their buy-in before you put them in a different/long dress; they may be looking forward to a shorter, more wearable dress or might already really like the one you've picked).

I had two MOHs; they had no distinguishing characteristic other than being titled "MOH" in the program and being announced as MOH at the reception. 
  • hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I dislike long dresses as BMs, but that's because they seem entirely un-wearable again... sure maybe they won't wear a short dress again either, but there are better odds that they will.  I'd give them a different sash or bouquet if you want them distinguished.  I prefer something subtle than something that screams it...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like the clean look of everyone looking the same. I decided to do a slightly different bouquet for my MOH.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards