Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M Monday

Re: B&M Monday

• edited December 2011
    Julie -- I'm with everyone else. You MIL sounds like a pain and I'm sorry you have to deal with that at such a stressful time in your life.

Tiffany -- Don't google! Trust it's never a good idea and you'll end up thinking you have cancer half the time. Hope everything goes well and they find out what it is.

My B&M: I went away this weekend to get away from wedding stuff and relax. My phone got juice spilled on it on Friday one the way down to Houston. I couldn't call up any of my friends so I hung out with my two MOHs (my sisters) and we talked about wedding stuff the whole time. When I tried to change the subject they kept bringing it back.
    Then, my older sister lectured me about communicating more with our folks. She gets along with them, I don't. Also, my uncle wants me to take his daugher out of the WP because of something stupid. I am back and very annoyed. Worst then when I left. Only nice thing was hanging out with FI for a couple hours last night, but the Cowboys game.... Really???
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man - today is a great B&M day.

1. Vendors. Really? You really think it's allowed for you to post on here?  This is not a classfieds section.  DELETE.

2.  I had a cyst removed two weeks ago and had my stitches taken out this morning.  I could actually hear the tech in the hallway getting instructions on how to take them out.  When she walked in, I told her to get the doctor. Hell to the no.

3.  I know that 99% of my facebook friends graduated from high school (and the other 1% are family members still in school).  Please tell me why they don't know the difference between your and you're  or their, there and they're?  IT DRIVES ME CRAZY.  I literally deleted someone over it.  His post was "Who needs their windows tinted?  I will drive anywhere if your not far."  UGH!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    And Julie - I agree... make your MIL call you by Mrs. DH too.  That way you'll both have the same name.

Sealed
  • lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a ton of B&M's today:

1 - My shower is this weekend and one of my BM's is not helping out after throwing a fit about making sure she was included in everything. The burden is falling to my 17 year old sister, who is trying so hard, but clueless.

2 - Our RSVP date is Wednesday, we still have tons of outstanding RSVPs, some of which due to some SERIOUSLY petty family drama. Get the eff over it, it has  NOTHING to do with me or FI. Grow up!

3 - Cancer is a ruiner. A while ago I B&M'd about my grandad no longer being able to attend the wedding/walk me down the aisle because his cancer was back and surgery was immenent. Well, surgery has been scheduled for 10/13 - two days before the wedding and in a town 3 hours away. I am going to be killing myself to make it to everything that is scheduled for the 14th because it is important for me to be there for him and my grandmother.

4 - This is a zilla thing, but I am tired of killing myself to be thoughtful to people and have them return it to me none at all. I feel like a b!tch complaining, but if someone I am close to is getting married, I go all out, parties, cakes, gifts, thoughtfulness. All I am getting is drama.

I actually have more, but I am weirded out by how negative I am feeling right now as it is completely rare for optomistic me.

Julie - I am sorry you have to deal with that. Having lost a parent, I know the only thing you want to do is take some time to be sad and not deal with additional drama for awhile. I wish they could be abducted by aliens and have personality implants done! :)

Tiffany - I always hate it when I get scary pains and google scares me worse. T&P for you visit today!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Tiffany- I really hope you feel better soon!

Julie- I am sorry you have to go through all of that :-(  I can't imagine how frustrating it is!

My only B&M is that I had an awesome weekend where I got a lot of wedding stuff accomplished....and now I'm at work having to deal with stuff I don't want to deal with :-/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:888b524b-0d91-4986-b635-e6ec2994c972">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]And Julie - I agree... make your MIL call you by Mrs. DH too.  That way you'll both have the same name.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

THIS!
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • edited December 2011
    DH left to go back to North Dakota this morning and it's my first day back at work after the honeymoon...blah.

Julie: I can't believe the nerve of that woman!  Your inlaws sound like complete jerks! I'm so sorry that you have to put up with them especially during this difficult time.

Tiffany: I hope everything is okay!  Keep us updated.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:a2944c4f-1d95-49aa-b85e-43c33305e518">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]If there's no TV at your reception we'll all be in the corner glued to our phones.
    Posted by awilkins78[/QUOTE]

This is extremely rude.  I get it - I love football, too.  But if the game is that important to you and you would rather watch the game - then don't go.  She's allowed to be a little selfish - since it is her wedding after all.  And why would she have a TV there?  Would you want your guests to be watching TV at your reception?

My B&M - I stayed up to watch #71 screw up the entire game!!  Are you kidding me?

On a better note - my bridal shower was AWESOME!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Lacey-Glad to hear your bridal shower went so well! :)
  • seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:6c367fed-f16e-418a-9e2f-987682b64aa2">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : This is extremely rude.  I get it - I love football, too.  But if the game is that important to you and you would rather watch the game - then don't go.  She's allowed to be a little selfish - since it is her wedding after all.  And why would she have a TV there?  Would you want your guests to be watching TV at your reception? Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

ITA.
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Compared to Julie's, well, everything and Tiffany's pain, my complaints seem really petty. But I'm feeling kind of negative today, too.

1. I also barely slept last night. I kept waking up. But this has been fairly common lately.
    2. We've been getting reply cards in the mail, which is really exciting. But I've already had one person write in the name of a date. I told this person in March that I wasn't allowing single people to bring dates (I know that's controversial). But he is a former supervisor and one of my references, so I feel like I can't say anything. I'm going to be a pushover and just let it go.
    3. On Saturday my mom says to me "You're probably going to yell at me, but I'm going to say this anyway. It makes me really sad that Hallie's not one of the flower girls." Hallie is my cousin's daughter. My cousin and I have never been close, and we're so different, I don't really have any desire for us to be close. I have reasons for choosing every member of the bridal party. Why did she choose to say something seven weeks before my wedding, when the decisions were made 14 months ago? It kind of hurt my feelings that she obviously thinks I made the wrong decision, and now it's to late to change anything even if I wanted to. I know it's stupid, but I'm still a little upset over it.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:be96dcc7-0b62-494d-936f-18b2e11ce508">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why did she choose to say something seven weeks before my wedding, when the decisions were made 14 months ago? It kind of hurt my feelings that she obviously thinks I made the wrong decision, and now it's to late to change anything even if I wanted to. I know it's stupid, but I'm still a little upset over it.
    Posted by BanannaP[/QUOTE]

Oh, they keep giving their input up until the day of the wedding.  You know you made the right decision and that is all that matters.
  • edited December 2011

1. Woke up 7 times last night which means I got NO sleep!  Kept having horrible thoughts and dreams pop-up.

2. They are pretty sure they are going to have to move my step-dad to ICU today.  He's not breathing any better, he's still not eating, he can't move his legs very well, heart rate and blood pressure are very low and his left kidney still doesn't seem to be function correctly.  They had him sign a Medical POA and a Living Will yesterday.  This is all very hard on my family.  We had my wedding shower yesterday and my mom couldn't enjoy it because everyone kept asking how my step-dad was doing.  He started crying when I left last night and of course I started balling.

3. FI is going out of town for 2 weeks and I'm worried that something will happen to step-dad and FI won't be here when I need him.  My sister has given him an emergency pass that will get him on a plane asap but he's going to Eagle pass for work and the closest airport is 3 hours away still.  Just don't want him gone, me home alone with step-daughter and something happen to my step-dad.  Hoping he can get his work done sooner and that nothing horrible happens between now and the 24th!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:be96dcc7-0b62-494d-936f-18b2e11ce508">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE] 3. On Saturday my mom says to me "You're probably going to yell at me, but I'm going to say this anyway. It makes me really sad that Hallie's not one of the flower girls." Hallie is my cousin's daughter. My cousin and I have never been close, and we're so different, I don't really have any desire for us to be close. I have reasons for choosing every member of the bridal party. Why did she choose to say something seven weeks before my wedding, when the decisions were made 14 months ago? It kind of hurt my feelings that she obviously thinks I made the wrong decision, and now it's to late to change anything even if I wanted to. I know it's stupid, but I'm still a little upset over it.
    Posted by BanannaP[/QUOTE]

This totally sounds like something my mom would do. I would be upset too. If she kept it to herself this long, I don't see why she couldn't have kept it to herself for 7 more weeks, then it wouldn't have mattered any more after that!

I personally have never thought it was necessary to have everyone you have ever been related to in your WP. I understand some families are like that. But IMO, if you're not super close to me, I don't want you in my wedding. Whether you're blood or not. Period.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:99c152e9-21f7-48d1-9b4e-48f6b040f47c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Woke up 7 times last night which means I got NO sleep!  Kept having horrible thoughts and dreams pop-up. 2. They are pretty sure they are going to have to move my step-dad to ICU today.  He's not breathing any better, he's still not eating, he can't move his legs very well, heart rate and blood pressure are very low and his left kidney still doesn't seem to be function correctly.  They had him sign a Medical POA and a Living Will yesterday.  This is all very hard on my family.  We had my wedding shower yesterday and my mom couldn't enjoy it because everyone kept asking how my step-dad was doing.  He started crying when I left last night and of course I started balling. 3. FI is going out of town for 2 weeks and I'm worried that something will happen to step-dad and FI won't be here when I need him.  My sister has given him an emergency pass that will get him on a plane asap but he's going to Eagle pass for work and the closest airport is 3 hours away still.  Just don't want him gone, me home alone with step-daughter and something happen to my step-dad.  Hoping he can get his work done sooner and that nothing horrible happens between now and the 24th!
    Posted by danac2010[/QUOTE]

My prayers are with you!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:5a17e2e5-7d3f-43cb-95d3-a6d9771ec0d9">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : ITA.
    Posted by seujoanne[/QUOTE]

Sorry what's ITA?
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:5a17e2e5-7d3f-43cb-95d3-a6d9771ec0d9">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : ITA.
    Posted by seujoanne[/QUOTE]

Ok - what does ITA mean??
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:6c367fed-f16e-418a-9e2f-987682b64aa2">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : This is extremely rude.  I get it - I love football, too.  But if the game is that important to you and you would rather watch the game - then don't go.  She's allowed to be a little selfish - since it is her wedding after all.  And why would she have a TV there?  Would you want your guests to be watching TV at your reception? Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to agree with Lacey here.  I normally stay neutral.

It's not your friends responsibility to plan a wedding around her friend's TV watching... regardless of what it is, football or otherwise.  And if you're a true friend to her, missing one live football game isn't going to matter.  You can politely check your phone in the bathroom, but to seclude yourself from her day by sitting in the corner or at the table, glued to your phone the whole time... that's not okay.

If football really is that important to you, don't go to the wedding.  There's no point in having the couple buy your dinner, entertainment, etc if you're not going to participate.
  • seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ITA = I totally agree.  Sorry - maybe that's from the Nest!
  • 1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry DFW Knotties- sounds like some of you are having some rough days. Hope everything gets better/works out for the best soon!

• edited December 2011
    The whole wedding thing during football it just depends. My FI and I are HUGE Texas Tech fans and a lot of his family is too, along with my mom's side. If we were to have it on game day...specially if it is a big game...we would all be on our phones seeing who won and such. If there aren't too many people who is going to a wedding who are football fans then I don't see why they can't have it in the fall.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:86dadf78-d21e-4740-b66f-375da5d71ffa">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]The whole wedding thing during football it just depends. My FI and I are HUGE Texas Tech fans and a lot of his family is too, along with my mom's side. If we were to have it on game day...specially if it is a big game...we would all be on our phones seeing who won and such. If there aren't too many people who is going to a wedding who are football fans then I don't see why they can't have it in the fall.
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]

I'm going to disagree again.  I think that if football is THAT important to you that you can't put it away for your friend, that's mean.  I certainly didn't think AT ALL about what sports/tv shows/awards shows/what-have-you could be playing on my wedding day... and if someone is going to sit on their phone the whole time during my wedding, then there's no point in coming. 

However, you can be tactful and check the score in the restroom or something.
  • edited December 2011
    Can I add to my B&M?? I had a bad weekend and I touched on this a little but it's really bugging me. One of my cousins is in my WP. I love her to death and she is super close to me so it made total sense to have her as a BM. She is super excited and happy about it. Unfortunately, her parent's aren't.
    My cousin is a little person, honestly little, she's only 3 feet tall. We don't like to treat her differently of course because she deserves better. Her parents think it will look wierd for her to walk down with one of the GM since they will be average size. HER parents want me to tell her she can't be in the WP. I refuse to do this and if they don't want her in the wedding they have to tell her.

I'm so annoyed with them over this and how it must be making her feel. How dare you make your own daughter feel like she's not good enough to be a BM. I know this will be more of an issue later, but I'm standing firm on having her in my WP.
    Thanks for the vent!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:86dadf78-d21e-4740-b66f-375da5d71ffa">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]The whole wedding thing during football it just depends. My FI and I are HUGE Texas Tech fans and a lot of his family is too, along with my mom's side. If we were to have it on game day...specially if it is a big game...we would all be on our phones seeing who won and such. If there aren't too many people who is going to a wedding who are football fans then I don't see why they can't have it in the fall.
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]

I am a huge football fan, too - Wreck 'Em Tech - but I still don't agree.  I do agree with Brianna - go to the restroom and check the score.  I don't think you need to check your phone constantly during the reception - I think it's very rude.  If the game is that big of a deal - then go watch the game and don't go to the wedding.  The bride and groom can have the wedding whenever they want to have it - if it doesn't fit into your schedule, then don't go. But if you are going to the wedding - this is a big day for them and they are paying for your dinner/drinks, etc - don't be rude.
  • edited December 2011
    i posted my AW's in the other thread... here is my B&M's

1. i have a huge miagrane started to form - again!

2. i got pissy at my mom yesterday cause she put in her 2 cents on what colors i should wear for my makeup. (long history of this - always pisses me off! - when i first started to plan - she suggested i wear green eye shadow, since my eyes were green and she hates that i always wear "browns".).. oh, and she hopes i'm not going to wear my lipstick "goth", like i always do - fyi, i have never worn "goth" - she just hates neutral colors for clothes, makeup, decorations, etc.

3. my mom is still recovering from her back surgery and can barely walk. since the surgery her body's immune system is taking a beating and brochitis is her newest sickness since friday and is not getting better. not sure how her travelling here will go, or what shape she will be in.

4. my FFIL is not trying on his tux until friday, if it needs alterations and they can't do them the same day, he will have to drive to arlington early saturday morning right when they open - which is right before our early wedding ...... "not my concern - he isn't in the wedding itself" is my attitude right now.

5. if one more person asks me a stupid question about their schedule - i will loose it!!!!

6. my sister-in-law was suppose to drive my niece/flower girl to dallas on thursday. i need to alter her sash and all the rest of my family is coming in. friday she was suppose to go with us to the luncheon and to get our nails done. then rehearsal at 5:15pm. as everyone else has done, she changed the plans (without telling me) and is FLYING in on FRIDAY!!! won't get her until late afternoon - if she's lucky. good chance they will miss the rehearsal. don't know when i'll be able to fix the sash.

i guess that is it for now!!!!

oh one more....
    7. my FI (and me as well) is concerned that my mom is too emotional over my deceased brother and will try to cause a scene or make everything about him and not us. .... that is alot to handle on your wedding day - i have my own issues - i can't deal with everyone else's.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will join the bandwagon on the lack of sleep.  I've slept pretty well the past week but last night was terrible.

I will also agree with Brianna.  I didn't schedule my wedding during football season or during March Madness for a reason.  If it's that important, don't go.  My best friend from high school had her wedding the weekend A&M played Baylor because she knew it would be a blow out that year. 

• edited December 2011
    I HATE PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT HANDICAPPED AND PARK IN HANDICAP SPOTS. 

Ok, I'm done yelling but this pisses me off. My Dad has multiple sclerosis, which has severely affected his walking and he uses either a walker, cane or wheelchair depending on where he is going. The Summer also affects his MS a lot because of the heat, so he doesn't get out a lot. Well after church yesterday, he agreed to go out to eat so we went to On the Border where every handicap spot was taken but 1. This 20-something y/o who thought she was hott schit pulled in the handicap spot, CLEARLY saw we were about to pull in there and did nothing about it. Oh em gee, I am not violent but I wanted to do a lot of cruel things to that girl. I mean, really? How rude, inconsiderate and LAZY is that?!? 

UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have one earlier but now I do. I hate how people think they can be rude. Really pisses me off.

I'm a temp at a law office I used to work at because the legal assistant is really sick. Last week I scheduled a time (9 am) for the building manager, a designer, and two potential new rentees to come and look at our place since we are moving. I get here early this morning and make sure no documents etc can be seen. No one shows up. The 2 rentees come in on their own at 10:30 to measure. Grr. And then at 11:55, the four that were supposed to be here show up. Not only are they 3 hours late but the building manager was rude to me and lied about having confirmed with the owner that he could bring people in at 11:00 (mind you this is 11:55). I just got off the phone with the lawyer because this stressed me out because I'm the only one here and by this point, I had put documents back in their place and so information could be viewed.  The lawyer said he never even talked to the building manager... I'm the only one that had. I actually have written documentation and a voicemail confirming a 9 am appt. Lying, rude peice of...
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:2cc6c2ac-8990-41eb-8d10-1891da296841">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I HATE PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT HANDICAPPED AND PARK IN HANDICAP SPOTS.  Ok, I'm done yelling but this pisses me off. My Dad has multiple sclerosis, which has severely affected his walking and he uses either a walker, cane or wheelchair depending on where he is going. The Summer also affects his MS a lot because of the heat, so he doesn't get out a lot. Well after church yesterday, he agreed to go out to eat so we went to On the Border where every handicap spot was taken but 1. This 20-something y/o who thought she was hott schit pulled in the handicap spot, CLEARLY saw we were about to pull in there and did nothing about it. Oh em gee, I am not violent but I wanted to do a lot of cruel things to that girl. I mean, really? How rude, inconsiderate and LAZY is that?!?  UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Posted by brooke.anne[/QUOTE]

Yell all you want. I think people that park in handicap spots that aren't handicap are horrible!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the handicap issue! That's always pissed me off but even more so now that I broke my ankle. If you don't have a problem walking then don't park in the handicap spot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards