Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M Monday

13»

Re: B&M Monday

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:2cc6c2ac-8990-41eb-8d10-1891da296841">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I HATE PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT HANDICAPPED AND PARK IN HANDICAP SPOTS.  Ok, I'm done yelling but this pisses me off. My Dad has multiple sclerosis, which has severely affected his walking and he uses either a walker, cane or wheelchair depending on where he is going. The Summer also affects his MS a lot because of the heat, so he doesn't get out a lot. Well after church yesterday, he agreed to go out to eat so we went to On the Border where every handicap spot was taken but 1. This 20-something y/o who thought she was hott schit pulled in the handicap spot, CLEARLY saw we were about to pull in there and did nothing about it. Oh em gee, I am not violent but I wanted to do a lot of cruel things to that girl. I mean, really? How rude, inconsiderate and LAZY is that?!?  UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Posted by brooke.anne[/QUOTE]

I agree!! I have no problem telling management or calling a tow truck on their butts! Sorry, but when I have my cousin and she can't walk I refuse to make her cause you are lazy!
  • edited December 2011
    OK, OK, I didn't mean to start a flame war.  I was just being a little tongue-in-cheek about a small something that was irritating me today.  I'm not actually expecting there to be a TV or anything, but yeah, I'll be checking the score from the bathroom.  I won't be the only one, I can promise you that.  I was being kinda sarcastic, mostly because it's really just another inconsiderate thing (albeit small) about this wedding for which there have been a number of other (much bigger) inconsiderate things.  

All of you ladies on this board are always doing things to be considerate of your guests.  You think about what hotels would be appropriate, how much your bridesmaids might want to spend on dresses, how far your guests want to travel between ceremony and reception, how to communicate information to your guests (especially those coming from far away), and generally how to make sure the people closest to you have a relaxed and happy time at your weddings.  That's why I like these boards so much, because no one here is the it's-all-about-me type.  This wedding has been such the opposite experience for me...at every turn I've felt like she's thought of no one but herself.  It's been an eye-opening experience for me about our friendship, and how she's willing to be inconsiderate to the people who she claims to care about, all for a guy that she's only known a few months. 

So yeah, I posted an exaggerated, snarky comment.  I was just venting a little, probably because deep down I'm miffed/hurt about the other stuff.  I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
    imageimage Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to the doctor and back...and I know absolutely nothing more than when I started.  Wee.

The lab took enough blood to feed an army of vampires, and I'm having a full  abdominal sonogram tommorrow morning to hopefully find out what's going on.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:915bb9c7-7f76-460d-abad-9d03a3395c62">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Yell all you want. I think people that park in handicap spots that aren't handicap are horrible!
    Posted by 1fwdarlin[/QUOTE]

My MIL, who is not handicapped, has the handicapped thing in her car because of her mom who is usually not with her.  If there isn't a close spot, she'll use it. 

The Albertsons we frequent has the painted wheel chair on the ground but no sign on one spot.  Since it isn't illegal to park there due to no sign, DH will park there sometimes.  Yesterday he parked in the spot next to it to appease me. 
  • edited December 2011
    tiffany, t&p's with you girl!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Bridget!

FWIW, I agree about the football thing.   I wouldn't schedule my wedding on a Saturday during college football season.  On the other hand, I would not be upset about attending someone elses wedding who chose to have one that day.

Reg the Handicap issue - I know someone who got busted for using a handicap sign when the handicap person was not actually in the car with them.
  • edited December 2011
    I thought it was still illegal to park in the spot if it was painted. And it's technically illegal to use the pass if the person it was assigned to is not with you.

Tiffany: did they do a CAT scan? That should tell you a lot. If you have A LOT of pain tonight go to the ER! If you go to a small one like Baylor All Saints or Grapevine they should be able to get you in pretty fast.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:7befa2eb-5791-4c2a-a554-df72498ef789">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was still illegal to park in the spot if it was painted. And it's technically illegal to use the pass if the person it was assigned to is not with you.
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

The first time I complained about parking there, DH pulled the law up and he is right from what I can remember unless they have changed it in the last few years.  I would however be laughing my butt off if he was towed or got a ticket.  It irritates the living crap out of me when he does it.

Well my MIL only lives by her rules.
  • msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    On the football thing... I purposely scheduled my wedding to not coincide w/ football.  That and not wanting to wait over a year to get married, led the wedding to be in the middle of the hottest month in Texas.  Oh well.

I'll bitch about someone getting married during football season (mostly b/c I usually have college season tickets), but I would never consider missing the wedding, or not participating in the evening because I'm watching it on my phone.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • edited December 2011

I don't really have anything to B&M about but I hope things are ok now and/or get better for everyone.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:4fefb01b-46cb-4183-b90f-97a421153887">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : The first time I complained about parking there, DH pulled the law up and he is right from what I can remember unless they have changed it in the last few years.
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Even if it's not illegal it's still really inconsiderate and rude. That pisses me off.

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    About the handicap thing, my mom has actually been yelled at before because she parked in it with my step-dad one day.  She had let him off at the door to the hospital because she wasn't sure where they were going yet.  I was with them and I walked in with him found the closes door to the area we were going and called her.  She found a handicap spot near that door and got out.  Someone started yelling at her and threating to have her towed.  My step dad was going to walk out of the building to the car so she needed the handicap spot.  I agree 100% that it is wrong to park there if you are not handicap but just be careful to judge too quickly.  Not many people do this but my mom does it sometimes if she doesn't know the area so my step dad doesn't have to walk far afterwards.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-39?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2b50d47-fa48-4ef7-a0ee-a37cdad373e5Post:398e0611-2c50-422a-8830-682cfb6c54d6">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK, OK, I didn't mean to start a flame war.  I was just being a little tongue-in-cheek about a small something that was irritating me today.  I'm not actually expecting there to be a TV or anything, but yeah, I'll be checking the score from the bathroom.  I won't be the only one, I can promise you that.  I was being kinda sarcastic, mostly because it's really just another inconsiderate thing (albeit small) about this wedding for which there have been a number of other (much bigger) inconsiderate things.   All of you ladies on this board are always doing things to be considerate of your guests.  You think about what hotels would be appropriate, how much your bridesmaids might want to spend on dresses, how far your guests want to travel between ceremony and reception, how to communicate information to your guests (especially those coming from far away), and generally how to make sure the people closest to you have a relaxed and happy time at your weddings.  That's why I like these boards so much, because no one here is the it's-all-about-me type.  This wedding has been such the opposite experience for me...at every turn I've felt like she's thought of no one but herself.  It's been an eye-opening experience for me about our friendship, and how she's willing to be inconsiderate to the people who she claims to care about, all for a guy that she's only known a few months.  So yeah, I posted an exaggerated, snarky comment.  I was just venting a little, probably because deep down I'm miffed/hurt about the other stuff.  I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
    Posted by awilkins78[/QUOTE]

I think I started this flame war - sorry!  I usually keep my opinions pretty much to myself - but I felt strongly about this one.  You are right, though, we don't know the whole situation and this one issue could just be the icing on the cake.  I'm not offended, though.
  • edited December 2011
    Tiffany - I hope everything is okay.  I'm sad that you still don't know anything.  You will def be in my thoughts and prayers!

Julie - There's no way I would have apologized.  She can get over it.  It was ONE time and you are a bit distracted right now.  How rude!

Don't park in a handicap space if you are not handicapped.  That's just common sense and common courtesy (unless you dropped them off at the door and are parking the car they will have to walk to when you leave).

Deepthi - that's just ridiculous.  YOU get to decide your wedding party.  Your relatives can just get over it.  If your cousin was uncomfortable she would have declined.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm not sure I even realized 'til now how much I'm resenting all the stuff she's done (or not done, as the case may be).  I haven't mentioned any of it to her, because I've just been sorta sucking it up, because I didn't want to start a fight with her right before her wedding. So I guess sitting on all those feelings made me extra snarky.   I am just hoping that there aren't any more surprises around the corner, and that we can just get the wedding over with, and maybe she'll go back to normal.

imageimage Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My nose has been bothering me really badly for the last couple of weeks. I don't think it's allergies but I can't be for sure. Last night I took some medicine and I feel worse today.

I have a little bit of a wedding groan. We are doing a laptop for music for the wedding. FMIL wanted to add more songs to the list. I have it all taken care of I swear! Some of the suggestions are songs that are not really danceable andt don't fit into the music I have for during dinner.

Julie- Too bad you can't do to your in laws like they do with the vampires on True Blood and rescind the invitation for them to enter the house.

Alison- I am curious on what else she has done. (Is it something you will have to save for FFF?)

I don't like who park in the handicapped spaces for the heck of it. I won't judge someone who looks able bodied parking in a handicap space with a handicap plaque. They may have something wrong with them that we can't see. (I know that my aunt has severe issues mentally but has a handicap tag for her car.)

Too many stupid things happened with the Cowboys last night.  A lot of stupid penalties that they did themselves. Hopefully last night was a wake-up call.
  • tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH's dad passed away this weekend. I feel like every couple of months or so that someone I know loses somebody. And it sucks because I know this will only increase as I get older.

Also everytime I think about people passing away I think about how close I was with my brother when he was in the hospital with renal failure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards