Moms and Maids

Maid of honor.....

So my maid of honor and I have ben friends for two years now and up until feb we did everything together. She got engaged in feb and since then its been impossible to get a hold of her. My cousin is one of my bridesmaids and I have been spending all my time with her. I really think I should have asked her to be my maid of honor. Do you think its inappropriate to tell my original maid of honor that I still want her on the wedding but bc I know she is busy I would like to have my cousin as the maid of honor plus she its the one throwing my bridal shower and my bachelorette party?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Maid of honor.....

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_maid-of-honor-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:4c10d178-b2a5-4ba0-a93b-5d85122c4eb5Post:b4e22a89-65cc-4d5b-ad33-587a7e535921">Maid of honor.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my maid of honor and I have ben friends for two years now and up until feb we did everything together. She got engaged in feb and since then its been impossible to get a hold of her. My cousin is one of my bridesmaids and I have been spending all my time with her. I really think I should have asked her to be my maid of honor.<strong> Do you think its inappropriate to tell my original maid of honor that I still want her on the wedding but bc I know she is busy I would like to have my cousin as the maid of honor plus she its the one throwing my bridal shower and my bachelorette party?</strong>
    Posted by mdcs09[/QUOTE]
    Yes.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Did you ask her to be the MOH already?  If you did, then she's your MOH and you can't demote her.

Also, you pick people to stand with you based on what they mean to you, not how much they can do for you.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Maye this is wrong but do a Co thing. My FH couldn't decide between his two best friends so they are his Bestmen..
  • Don't switch their roles. Anyone can throw your shower (if they choose to; it's not required by any means for anyone to do so). You don't choose your MOH based on who does the most for you. It's simply the BM you are closest to.

As a bridesmaid, I co-hosted a shower with the MOH once. We did the exact same amount of work and split the cost of everything--invitations, food, and decorations. I think the MOH would have been hurt if the bride decided to name me as co-MOH just because we co-hosted the shower. And it would have been unfair to the two BMs who lived out of state and couldn't help with the shower even though they had wanted to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards