Moms and Maids
Options

Bachelorette Party Alternatives or Just Skip It?

First of all, I know ettiquite dictates that I do not plan my own bachelorette party, but my MOH and I have been talking about it a lot together.

From the begining my MOH and I have discussed doing a limo/winery tour for my bachelorette party.  It would be low key, local, inexpensive, fun, etc...  I really wanted something small with my closest friends.  I am not a bar person.  I was really excited about this and am still kind of excited about this.  However, over the past few months my close friends have started moving away one by one.  So, what was once a low key and local idea will now be more complex and require more coordination, travel, money, etc.  Honestly, I do not want my friends to have to pay for a trip out here for a bachelorette party when they all have jobs and most will now be paying for travel and hotel to the wedding.  Eventhough I know they would.

Does anyone have any alternative ideas for a bachelorette party, or should I just tell my MOH to skip it? 

Re: Bachelorette Party Alternatives or Just Skip It?

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bachelorette-party-alternatives-just-skip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:71a003bf-52c0-4cca-b8c3-9e590eaf2bf1Post:7bd520b6-a3ca-47fa-bf5f-04bc8b9fe5a3">Bachelorette Party Alternatives or Just Skip It?</a>:
    [QUOTE]First of all, I know ettiquite dictates that I do not plan my own bachelorette party, but my MOH and I have been talking about it a lot together. From the begining my MOH and I have discussed doing a<strong> limo/winery tour</strong> for my bachelorette party.  It would be low key, local, <strong>inexpensive,</strong> fun, etc...  I really wanted something small with my closest friends.  I am not a bar person.  I was really excited about this and am still kind of excited about this.  However, over the past few months my close friends have started moving away one by one.  So, what was once a low key and local idea will now be more complex and require more coordination, travel, money, etc.  Honestly, I do not want my friends to have to pay for a trip out here for a bachelorette party when they all have jobs and most will now be paying for travel and hotel to the wedding.  Eventhough I know they would. Does anyone have any alternative ideas for a bachelorette party, or should I just tell my MOH to skip it? 
    Posted by kimberlygo[/QUOTE]

<div>Unless you scored some awesome deal, I think we have drastically different definitions of inexpensive....lol. </div><div>
    </div><div>When was your MOH thinking the party would be in relation to the wedding? Since your WP is now mostly OOT it seems, you may want to consider something simple that could be done once the WP is already in town for your actual wedding rather than making a separate trip for the B-party. </div><div>
    </div><div>Have her see how far in advance your BMs can come into town. For example, if your wedding is on a Saturday and your rehearsal is on Friday, then perhaps they could all arive Thursday so you'd have a day to hang out. You could probably even do something Friday before the rehearsal, or whatever your respective timeline is. </div><div>
    </div><div>My MOH mentioned going to get our nails done the Thursday before the wedding (for any BMs who can attend) and then going out that night for dinner. We probably will hit up the bars, but you could leave that out. Or just do nails and make it like a spa day. </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A few of my friends/BM's lived OOT and I had a bachelorette party. It ended up being pretty small (6 girls besides me), but honestly, small parties can be just as, if not more, fun as large parties. It's more intimate and you can really talk to the people who are there. If your MOH wants to throw you a party, go ahead and have it! Even if a couple people can make it, it will still be fun. I might re-think the limo/wine idea. I don't see how that could ever be inexpensive, personally. You could do dinner and a sleepover at someone's house, which is fairly cheap. You could go shopping for the day. Just a couple ideas. If she wants to host a party for you, go ahead and let your friends decide for themselves if they are able to make it or not.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    kimberlygokimberlygo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Limo/Wine Tour is $50 - $100 pp depending on how many people, how long the day is, etc. I'm in NYC, so I guess all things are relative, but if you go to a non-dive bar (I'm not even talking upscale), drinks can be as much as $10 each.  A few drinks and dinner and you're dropping way more than $50.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bachelorette-party-alternatives-just-skip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:71a003bf-52c0-4cca-b8c3-9e590eaf2bf1Post:2c3cc835-4a99-4f38-82ec-4823d04ccdd1">Re: Bachelorette Party Alternatives or Just Skip It?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bachelorette Party Alternatives or Just Skip It? : Unless you scored some awesome deal, I think we have drastically different definitions of inexpensive....lol.
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bachelorette-party-alternatives-just-skip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:71a003bf-52c0-4cca-b8c3-9e590eaf2bf1Post:f56b0f91-f6f7-4206-bbf7-35327a9c69a4">Re: Bachelorette Party Alternatives or Just Skip It?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Limo/Wine Tour is $50 - $100 pp</strong> depending on how many people, how long the day is, etc. I'm in NYC, so I guess all things are relative, but if you go to a non-dive bar (I'm not even talking upscale), drinks can be as much as $10 each.  A few drinks and dinner and you're dropping way more than $50. In Response to Re: Bachelorette Party Alternatives or Just Skip It? :
    Posted by kimberlygo[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I was thinking they were more than this, at least the ones I looked into were. And you're right, prices are definitely relative. I have never seen a drink that expensive near here. In Atlanta, I'm sure there are places like that though. But I'd be totally fine with a dive bar because that's just how I roll. </div><div>
    </div><div>That comment aside, do any of my suggestions work for you?</div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    kimberlygokimberlygo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bachelorette-party-alternatives-just-skip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:71a003bf-52c0-4cca-b8c3-9e590eaf2bf1Post:97d2882f-898e-4c1f-a97a-e2f288049cd6">Re: Bachelorette Party Alternatives or Just Skip It?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bachelorette Party Alternatives or Just Skip It? : I was thinking they were more than this, at least the ones I looked into were. And you're right, prices are definitely relative. I have never seen a drink that expensive near here. In Atlanta, I'm sure there are places like that though. But I'd be totally fine with a dive bar because that's just how I roll.  That comment aside, do any of my suggestions work for you?
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

Sadly dive bar prices aren't that much better :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards