Moms and Maids

Wedding Dress Try-On is FINALLY Here!

Ok you wonderful Knot MOH's you.... my sister has FINALLY decided she is ready to try on wedding gowns. I'd LOVE to make her a survival kit to kind of lighten up the mood for Saturday and give her a little momento of this amazing experience, anyone know if this has been done, and what has typically been put in said survival kit??

Thanks!!

Re: Wedding Dress Try-On is FINALLY Here!

• HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Survival kits for trying on the dress?

I would say other than tissues, water, granola bars, and mints... Not much else.
    Tissues for crying, water for after, granola bar in case she gets hungry/crabby/emotional, mints for after granola bar.

Maybe a compact for after possible crying?

I can't think of anything cutesy.  I saw an episode of Say Yes to the Dress where the brides group had score cards.  The group was just rude to the bride and dress choices and it became more about making fun of her dress choices than giving actually input.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_wedding-dress-try-finally-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:b765a4ee-7f45-444b-8d51-bda26d1055a5Post:ff676cbe-0587-41db-a45b-799e36e54dd5">Wedding Dress Try-On is FINALLY Here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok you wonderful Knot MOH's you.... my sister has FINALLY decided she is ready to try on wedding gowns. I'd LOVE to make her a survival kit to kind of lighten up the mood for Saturday and give her a little momento of this amazing experience, anyone know if this has been done, and what has typically been put in said survival kit?? Thanks!!
    Posted by mkettyle[/QUOTE]

<div>Tissues. Waterproof mascara. Your camera. Wine glass ;)</div>
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tissues, a camera and champagne. :)
  • ECook25ECook25 member
    edited December 2011
    Definitely a camera!  I wish I brought one to the first two stores I visited.

But really, there is nothing to "survive" - it will be a fun and special experience!
  • tseguintseguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend bought me a wedding specific scrap book to work on. She actually bought it for me for Christmas.  It was very thoughtful It was called "Before the big "I do"" I could put pictures of the dress and it came with a bunch of cute stickers and other scrapbooking things.  I am not into that stuff at all, but I have very much enjoyed putting my pictures in it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards