Moms and Maids

Special Mom

My mom has been absolutely amazing throughout this wedding planning process. She has been encouraging and inspiring when it came to my wishes and ideas. I feel at this point there is no way I can ever thank her enough. She is extremely self-less and I am sooo lucky to have her.

I was hoping some fellow brides-to-be had some advice for creative ways of saying thank you. I am looking for some exciting way of showing my appreciation. I took her to a spa hoping she would love the experience. But, she doesn’t seem to like that kind of thing. She is always worrying about other people so I really want to treat her with something special. Any ideas???

Re: Special Mom

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_special-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:b92c2962-9fb0-4038-a851-d26451756440Post:8422444d-9409-4d00-9d1e-4fc4b031c20e">Special Mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom has been absolutely amazing throughout this wedding planning process. She has been encouraging and inspiring when it came to my wishes and ideas. I feel at this point there is no way I can ever thank her enough. She is extremely self-less and I am sooo lucky to have her.     I was hoping some fellow brides-to-be had some advice for creative ways of saying thank you. I am looking for some exciting way of showing my appreciation. I took her to a spa hoping she would love the experience. But, she doesn’t seem to like that kind of thing. She is always worrying about other people so I really want to treat her with something special. Any ideas???
    Posted by peachiejean[/QUOTE]

Well, as a 3 time MOB I can tell you what meant the world and more to me - a handwritten letter from the heart. There is nothing she could have purchased for me and no experience she could have given me that would top a handwritten letter thanking me for my help and telling me how much she loved me. I will treasure it forever.
  • MairePoppyMairePoppy Connecticut mod
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 500 Love Its
    ditto kmmssg. There is nothing that you can buy your mom that would mean as much as that letter.

• What they said ... ; )

I'm a momma too and a heartfelt letter would be the best gift EVER!
  • Thank you so much!!! You have been sooo helpful! I know she would love that!!
  • Im planning to give my Mom a spa gift card and the aforementioned letter.
  • Something you could do is get a photoframe that has a just like mom saying on it and and have a picture from your wedding of you and your mom in it and then when you give it to her you can give her a handwritten note about how much you appreciate her.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_special-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:b92c2962-9fb0-4038-a851-d26451756440Post:4f0df0a1-3fb0-42de-8f32-7c6185f241ae">Re: Special Mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Special Mom : Well, as a 3 time MOB I can tell you what meant the world and more to me - a handwritten letter from the heart. There is nothing she could have purchased for me and no experience she could have given me that would top a handwritten letter thanking me for my help and telling me how much she loved me. I will treasure it forever.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

<div>That is so sweet!  It makes me want to write letters to my MIL and Mom.  Although, they might look at me a little oddly since our wedding was years ago:)   </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards