Moms and Maids

my MOH just got engaged!

13»

Re: my MOH just got engaged!

• prg0630prg0630 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's really disappointing that people can't just vent here without the fear of being insulted or attacked. We're all human, and we can't control our emotions sometimes, especially when we're dealing with the stress of planning a wedding. Even if mariemoten129 knows that her initial reaction might not have been ideal, she has a right to express how she feels so that she can move on.

Obviously much of the advice is good advice, but don't kick someone when she's down just because you might handle it a different way. We're all brides, in the same situation, who have had to deal with various stressors while planning. I just wish people could be a bit more sensitive on this site. I had high expectations when I found out about The Knot boards, but I have to say that although some users are great, others really just seem to want to attack every post as if they know what's best.

People come here for advice, not judgement. If you don't have advice, why is it necessary to bully?
  • bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-just-got-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:d8b38aa5-2069-45e5-8dab-8b981e03681bPost:8085ba9b-cd80-425d-8ff7-1d4d2c123e03">Re: my MOH just got engaged!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's really disappointing that people can't just vent here without the fear of being insulted or attacked. We're all human, and we can't control our emotions sometimes, especially when we're dealing with the stress of planning a wedding. Even if mariemoten129 knows that her initial reaction might not have been ideal, she has a right to express how she feels so that she can move on. Obviously much of the advice is good advice, but don't kick someone when she's down just because you might handle it a different way. We're all brides, in the same situation, who have had to deal with various stressors while planning. I just wish people could be a bit more sensitive on this site. I had high expectations when I found out about The Knot boards, but I have to say that although some users are great, others really just seem to want to attack every post as if they know what's best. People come here for advice, not judgement. If you don't have advice, why is it necessary to bully?
    Posted by prg0630[/QUOTE]
    Did you not read the whole thread?  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • prg0630prg0630 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't realize there were 3 pages until just now. Whoops, sorry! Just read the first page.
    edited December 2011
    Next time, withhold judgment until you've read everything.  Oftentimes threads can change halfway through.  I've made the mistake often enough to know.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing your story with me/us LD. I'm sure we'll be able to make it work. I have faith in that. I'm happy she can finally be with her fiance! Nobody should have to be that far away from their loved one. 

And thanks for the support anyway Prg06. hahah.. I did the same thing on my own posting! i was looking for a post that i had written... saying i realized i messed up on how i wrote my initial post and i couldn't find it. Then after writing it for the 2nd time, i realized there were pages involved. . so i ended up deleting the 2nd post i wrote. haha. 

again... thanks for understanding i messed up ladies.... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    "The girls who posted on your comment post on everyone's comments... and are mostly rude. Trix is so giddy about her rudeness, she even adds a someone's quote as a signature. Don't be surprised if you don't get any useful help on these message boards."

This part is, sadly, true. I rarely post here because everyone misconstrues what is written and I feel nearly every post has a nasty comment on it. They call it "advice" but advice can be given in a nice way as well. And again, the only thing we know about you is what you write, so if you are writing on nearly everyone's posts in a nasty negative way, then don't be surprised when the only people who don't think you are nasty and negative are the others who are nasty and negative also.

I understand your situation, maybe your initial post came off as self centered, but you quickly clarified and in no way do I think you meant to sound like that. My MOH just got engaged as well, and no woman could say that, while they are super excited and happy for your friend, there is not a small part of you that is also worried about your own event. BUT, everything will work itself out. I am sure if you two are as close as you sound then despite the fact that her wedding is going to be a few months before yours, she will still want to be as much a part of your wedding as she origianlly intended.

Take a deep breath, she is your best friend and wants to be a part of your day as much as I am sure you want to be a part of hers. Take it step by step and everything will work out fine, it sounds like you two have a wonderful relationship. I am sorry that she is moving far away, but thankfully it is easier to stay close to people now than it was even a decade ago. Sign up for a frequent flyer program and a good cell plan though! God luck!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-just-got-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:d8b38aa5-2069-45e5-8dab-8b981e03681bPost:bbc71d06-6a36-47a5-a1d0-71a6fb2b79d2">Re: my MOH just got engaged!</a>:
    [QUOTE]"The girls who posted on your comment post on everyone's comments... and are mostly rude. Trix is so giddy about her rudeness, she even adds a someone's quote as a signature. Don't be surprised if you don't get any useful help on these message boards." This part is, sadly, true. I rarely post here because everyone misconstrues what is written and I feel nearly every post has a nasty comment on it. They call it "advice" but advice can be given in a nice way as well. And again, the only thing we know about you is what you write, so if you are writing on nearly everyone's posts in a nasty negative way, then don't be surprised when the only people who don't think you are nasty and negative are the others who are nasty and negative also. I understand your situation, maybe your initial post came off as self centered, but you quickly clarified and in no way do I think you meant to sound like that. My MOH just got engaged as well, and no woman could say that, while they are super excited and happy for your friend, there is not a small part of you that is also worried about your own event. BUT, everything will work itself out. I am sure if you two are as close as you sound then despite the fact that her wedding is going to be a few months before yours, she will still want to be as much a part of your wedding as she origianlly intended. Take a deep breath, she is your best friend and wants to be a part of your day as much as I am sure you want to be a part of hers. Take it step by step and everything will work out fine, it sounds like you two have a wonderful relationship. I am sorry that she is moving far away, but thankfully it is easier to stay close to people now than it was even a decade ago. Sign up for a frequent flyer program and a good cell plan though! God luck!
    Posted by kevynraeWed228619[/QUOTE]
    If you hate this board so much, then leave.  To stick around just to insult people is doing exactly what you claim we are doing, and leaves you without a leg to stand on.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• edited December 2011
    Wow Babbling, you really never quit do you? I tried to end this post being upbeat for this woman, and to give her some encouragement in what is clearly going to be a tough situation for her, and you continue this bogus. Leave me alone, you have already ensured I will never come back. Get a life that doesn't revolve around the internet, clearly I am not the only one who thinks so based on your signature either.
    edited December 2011
    You obviously didn't read the whole thread, because if you did, you wouldn't be saying that--it's 3 1/2 pages long.  Quit being such a pill and either go take a break or stop acting so immature.  Seriously, you're way too old to be throwing tantrums, online or offline.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-just-got-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:d8b38aa5-2069-45e5-8dab-8b981e03681bPost:97b7f0a0-e54c-4890-8bf4-1bb5ad3adedb">Re: my MOH just got engaged!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow Babbling, you really never quit do you? I tried to end this post being upbeat for this woman, and to give her some encouragement in what is clearly going to be a tough situation for her, and you continue this bogus. Leave me alone, you have already ensured I will never come back. Get a life that doesn't revolve around the internet, clearly I am not the only one who thinks so based on your signature either.
    Bogus is an adjective.  Just FYI.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • edited December 2011
    okay okay.... everyone just needs to chill!!

seriously. it's all okay now. everyone has said their peace.

let's end it on that! :)
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-just-got-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:d8b38aa5-2069-45e5-8dab-8b981e03681bPost:97b7f0a0-e54c-4890-8bf4-1bb5ad3adedb">Re: my MOH just got engaged!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow Babbling, you really never quit do you? <strong>I tried to end this post being upbeat for this woman,</strong> and to give her some encouragement in what is clearly going to be a tough situation for her, and you continue this bogus. Leave me alone, you have already ensured I will never come back. Get a life that doesn't revolve around the internet, clearly I am not the only one who thinks so based on your signature either.

No.  You tried  to bash people who disagreed with you on another thread.  Next time, read the whole thing.  Nobody has a problem with OP or thinks poorly of her.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-just-got-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:d8b38aa5-2069-45e5-8dab-8b981e03681bPost:7ef80893-25a4-403a-a26c-ff6e298517b0">Re: my MOH just got engaged!</a>:
    [QUOTE]okay okay.... everyone just needs to chill!! seriously. it's all okay now. everyone has said their peace. let's end it on that! :)
    Posted by mariemoten129[/QUOTE]

@Marie.  This isn't about your post.  Someone has a bone to pick with a couple of people because she didn't like that she was told on another thread that she has to be an adult when it comes to her guest list.  Sometimes threads get hijacked.  I do hope you stick around though and I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. :)
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-just-got-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:d8b38aa5-2069-45e5-8dab-8b981e03681bPost:9a3e00a2-53c1-4b48-bc49-4c60b4b917cb">Re: my MOH just got engaged!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: my MOH just got engaged! : @Marie.  This isn't about your post.  Someone has a bone to pick with a couple of people because she didn't like that she was told on another thread that she has to be an adult when it comes to her guest list.  Sometimes threads get hijacked.  <strong>I do hope you stick around though and I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. :)</strong>
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]
    Second :)
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-just-got-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:d8b38aa5-2069-45e5-8dab-8b981e03681bPost:841a768b-1aed-4314-978b-cbded93b0ee3">Re: my MOH just got engaged!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: my MOH just got engaged! : Second :)
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]

Third =)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-just-got-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:d8b38aa5-2069-45e5-8dab-8b981e03681bPost:9a3e00a2-53c1-4b48-bc49-4c60b4b917cb">Re: my MOH just got engaged!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: my MOH just got engaged! : @Marie.  This isn't about your post.  Someone has a bone to pick with a couple of people because she didn't like that she was told on another thread that she has to be an adult when it comes to her guest list.  Sometimes threads get hijacked.  I do hope you stick around though and I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. :)
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

I'll hop on the "stick around please, Marie" train.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!!!...

i'm sticking around. . . just going to watch what i write....

• paramedic0803paramedic0803 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know what its like to move hundreds of miles away to marry a guy (you think), and have to make new friends, start a new job, pretty much start over. So your friend has more than enough on her plate, besides planning her own wedding. Its selfish on your part to think she should be your shadow as you plan your own wedding.

I broke up with the ding dong mentioned above and am now planning to marry my knight in shinning armor. And btw, my MOH (my twin sister) lives hundreds of miles away. And my BFF does too.

So be a big girl and do what needs to be done for your own wedding plans.
  • KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Is Knibs not the moderator of this board anymore? I don't see her around here on TK much. And my month board as been dead, but she is the mod there, or at least still I think so.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]
    Did you need me for something, Missy?
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marie:  I live in Minnesota.  I moved here 3 years ago.  My MOH lives in Georgia.  She lives over 1000 miles away and most days, I hate it.

But after 3 years, we are still as close, or closer, than we have ever been.  We talk several times a week, we have FB, and we have emails.

During the planning of the wedding, she would look at stuff with me online, we sent links back and forth about stuff.  She talked to me on the phone when I needed advice about something.  And she was there for me, standing right beside me on wedding day.  And that's all I EVER needed.

My now husband went to all of the meetings, since it was his wedding too.  Even if MOH lived here, I still would never have taken her to the meetings. 

I know it's sad that she is moving, but if you work at it, you two will be fine. 

And bravo to you for realizing how you came across to the board in that original post.  It takes a mature person to do that.

On these boards, people can only respond to what they read so it's important to be very careful about what you type.

Good luck!

vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards