• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Wedding Hair and Beauty

Bleaching trays from dentist?

Had anyone used these before ? I just started my tray today and the lady up front at my dentist office said use them for half hour a day one day a week or your teeth will get really sensitive. Anyone run into this? It's 22 bleach strength. But the box says one hour each day. I'm unsure now. Thanks for all and any helP :

Re: Bleaching trays from dentist?

  • I use an hour each day, however I started using sensodyne pronamel about a week before. I brushed with it 2x daily, and didn't experience sensitivity. And as gross as it sounds, I put a paper towel in my mouth to absorb the saliva/whitening mix. I was afraid to swallow any of it, and when I kept spitting I could still taste it.
  • Haha not gross at all. Wish I read this before I just used it for the first time. I'm going to try that tomorrow. So an hour a day? Ok I can handle that. Thanks!
  • I used to work at a dentist. We would tell people to do it as much as you can until it gets sensitive. Then you will do it as you can tolerate it! Usually once a week. You can sleep with them in, at some point they will stop working during the night. If I can I keep mine in for 2+ hours depending on what I am doing and if I can handle it. 
  • That stuff works quick! Within a day or two I see drastic improvement! After a while (an hour or so), the bleach kind of wears off and doesn't hurt or whiten. I will put it in when I get ready in the morning - shower, hair, makeup, whatever. By the time I am done getting ready, I just take it out and am good to go. I know it seems like common sense, but brush afterwards! A friend of mine didn't, don't ask...I know!

    My dentist told me not to use whitening toothpaste while I am using the trays. I'm not sure if this is totally true or not, but i personally refrain from using any toothpast with added whitener just to be sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
    image99 Leavin' Me hangin
    RSVP Date: August 5, 2012
  • As a dental pro, if you are tasting the bleaching material- youre most likely using too much! And if you are sensitive, use a sensitive toothpaste. DO NOT USE trays much as you can! The old school bleaches used to be able to be worn overnight. DO NOT DO THIS! With a 22% bleach syringe, I would recommend no more than 45 minutes a day, but would also recommend using a sensitivity tp instead of your regular tp while bleaching. It will help diminish sensitivity and make the process not so painful. 

    Good luck on the pearly whites!
  • As a dental pro, if you are tasting the bleaching material- youre most likely using too much! And if you are sensitive, use a sensitive toothpaste. DO NOT USE trays much as you can! The old school bleaches used to be able to be worn overnight. DO NOT DO THIS! With a 22% bleach syringe, I would recommend no more than 45 minutes a day, but would also recommend using a sensitivity tp instead of your regular tp while bleaching. It will help diminish sensitivity and make the process not so painful. 

    Good luck on the pearly whites!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards