Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

booking hair and makeup

How far in advance are you booking hair and makeup? My wedding is in the end of September. I've been in touch with a hair/makeup artist and she wants to know how many people need hair and makeup before I book a trial with her. My bridemaids don't know yet if they want hair and/or makeup. I told her that I don't know the details yet and she made a comment about how it's normal for bridesmaids to be indecisve six months before the wedding. I only wanted to make sure I could find someone before everyone's booked, but is it too early?

Re: booking hair and makeup

• Options
    I am also getting married in September and I booked my hair/makeup about a month ago. I just asked if they were interested, since I am fortunate enough to be able to cover to bill for all of us. Made things easier for me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_booking-hair-and-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:b9f42042-0b46-4a22-88c6-3e1528ea8b39Post:de1d0069-12df-4aa2-b0ef-baf71d2bc5bc">booking hair and makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]How far in advance are you booking hair and makeup? My wedding is in the end of September. I've been in touch with a hair/makeup artist and she wants to know how many people need hair and makeup before I book a trial with her. <strong>My bridemaids don't know yet if they want hair and/or makeup.</strong> I told her that I don't know the details yet and she made a comment about how it's normal for bridesmaids to be indecisve six months before the wedding. I only wanted to make sure I could find someone before everyone's booked, but <strong>is it too early?</strong>
    Posted by carolyn87[/QUOTE]
    Too early to make your appointments, no.  Too early to pin your BMs down, yes.<div>
    </div><div>If they decide they want hair/make up and there's no appointments available, then they'll do their own - it'll be fine.</div>
  • Options
    I'm getting married Sept 1st and I just decided on who I am going with - I will be signing the contract with her within the next month.

I would think right around now is a good point to be signing that contract, you don't want to wait too long so that they aren't all booked up when you need a certain date!
  • Options
    Around here it's common for people to book a year in advance.  I booked in July (8 months in advance) and some people were already unavailable.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I booked mine 6 months out.  Like the PP, I was paying for all of us.  Go ahead and email her pricing to your BMs and ask them if they will want it or not.  If they can't decide, ask the MUA if you would be able to modify the contract for the number of people only a month or two before the wedding.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Yeah, she wanted to know in case she needed to hire a second person. She doesn't even want to schedule a trial with me until I give her all the details. Oh well.
  • Options
    chernandez4chernandez4 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012

Hello! and congrats!
    I am a MUA from LA and to be honest no time is to early, If your MUA needs to book brides maides to make your app. than i would just go with someone else. I book brides and if there are more in a party great but a job is a job and if only you want makeup and hair than thats all that matters.

Hope you find a person who works for you!

• Options
    I'm getting married in May and booked my appointment 2 months ago. Orginally it was just going to be me, so I made the appt. Then had to add my sister, who is the maid of honor, just called back and they added her to my appointment with no problems. I'd ask when you call if you needed to add people, would that be possible. Otherwise, I agree with ceh, they can do their own if they wait too long and there are no appointments free.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck finding someone! My friend just started a free site where you can find artists in the tri state area. Check it out: http://www.thebeautyloop.com. It is a new site but there are awesome artists on their....you can also post your "job" on the site. I booked my make up artists a few months before the wedding...the good ones get scooped up and September is a pretty busy wedding month. good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards