Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

*Confessions*

Re: *Confessions*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd600337-1b86-449d-a16e-4c8c9c627f29Post:09c1905e-e67a-4a17-b943-7963f07eaf6a">Re: *Confessions*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *Confessions* : The only reason I hate hearing about it is because you are going through it still. Your wedding will be fabulous and you are not a disaster.  I hope you don't believe her ((HUG)).
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. Your wedding will be fabulous.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Deepthi, your wedding will be absolutely wonderful...Hey and if you need extra help... I m here for you...

Brooke Anne.. I  confess I miss the sheep!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd600337-1b86-449d-a16e-4c8c9c627f29Post:cb90e99e-d614-4a5a-bde2-035ca484d54e">Re: *Confessions*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess, I haven't finished my thank you's yet.  *slinks away feeling very guilty*
    Posted by mseale[/QUOTE]

Michelle!!!!!!! Bad girl!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd600337-1b86-449d-a16e-4c8c9c627f29Post:f7b90324-adfc-4e99-a31a-25d7f0383c62">Re: *Confessions*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Deepthi, your wedding will be absolutely wonderful...Hey and if you need extra help... I m here for you... Brooke Anne.. I  confess I miss the sheep!!!
    Posted by gisellehuet[/QUOTE]

Ha! I found a funny one the other day that I was going to o Put up in my sig but I forgot about it. I'm gonna go look for it again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I am over wedding planning and am looking forward more to the honeymoon, pictures and just being married then the actual wedding HOWEVER I cant stop thinking about little things I want to add or change and that my wedding wont be enough or unique or fun or all these other adjectives I want it to be.

I confess that I am very stressed with the decision FI and I made for him to quit working FT and focus on school and I dont know how we are going to pay for everything wedding related that has already been booked.

Deepthi your wedding will be wonderful!!
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really need confessions today!

I have a suspicion that BIL is dating one of Courts' good friends, whom he met at our wedding, and it's really getting under my skin. BIL is a jerk. He thinks he's smarter than everyone and that he knows everything, he doesn't like kids and he has the most obnoxious dog in the world. And all of that would be bearable, but he's mean to Courts, and I hate it. And, in my mind, if she is dating BIL, or even just friends with him, that's like condoning the way he treats Courts. And if they are dating, they haven't had the balls to say something to Courts, and since she was his friend long before they even met, you'd think they'd at least give him that consideration. I know it's petty and I shouldn't let it bother me. I don't even know for sure if there's anything to be bothered about! But it's like this constant irritation in the back of my mind every time I see them commenting on each other's posts on FB.

ETA: I know it makes me sound crazy, I just had to get it off my chest :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd600337-1b86-449d-a16e-4c8c9c627f29Post:2f1a894c-6630-4109-9732-79b163bf0eed">Re: *Confessions*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *Confessions* : That's the only way we have figured out that we think is "fair" all around. It works for us, and everyone understands. It's better than having to run around like chickens with our heads cut off during the holidays trying to spend time with everyone. Who can really enjoy that? It's more enjoyable for us and everyone around us this way.
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. I would just rather run around trying to make time with everyone on Christmas rather than not see my family at all. Personal preference, I guess.
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm not thrilled with the idea of going to DH's family for Christmas.  I love his family dearly but they don't plan anything out.  Since this will be a hard time on my mom we agreed to stay the night at my mom's Friday night so she could have us all under the same roof Christmas morning and she won't be alone.  That wouldn't be a big deal if DH didn't insist on driving to his family's for Christmas eve and they aren't even starting anything now until 7pm.  That means we don't even start until 7, we eat, open presents, visit and then have to leave.  We probably won't leave until 9ish and it's a 2-2.5 hour drive back home.  So we get here around 11-11:30, drop of DH's daughter with her mom and get to my mom's around midnight.  We then have to put together my mom's Christmas present and then finally go to bed (probably around 1-1:30) and then my niece and nephew will wake us up at 5-6am ready to open presents. 

I understand, and agree we should see his family but not so freaking late when we have to do other things that were already planned way in advance.  Also he hasn't even called any family member to see if we have somewhere to stay Thursday night.  Just not looking forward to the trip this year.  We saw them at Thanksgiving lets do my family for Christmas.  Oh well!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really feel for all of you that have to split the holidays :(

I confess that at first I thought it was really weird that FI's family doesn't "do" holidays.  Now I'm so glad  because it means that he's able to experience the holidays with my family rather than working which is what he did since his family did nothing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brooke, that baby video is frickin hilarious.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd600337-1b86-449d-a16e-4c8c9c627f29Post:82fe3c15-677a-446c-bf3f-814783f6e3ca">Re: *Confessions*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brooke, that baby video is frickin hilarious.

<div>Haha, I agree! It cracks me up!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess I'd really like milk to go with the puppy chow one of my servers just brought me.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd600337-1b86-449d-a16e-4c8c9c627f29Post:82fe3c15-677a-446c-bf3f-814783f6e3ca">Re: *Confessions*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brooke, that baby video is frickin hilarious.

Agreed.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd600337-1b86-449d-a16e-4c8c9c627f29Post:2baa4dd2-786c-4099-8b16-b663cfb59297">Re: *Confessions*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I'd really like milk to go with the puppy chow one of my servers just brought me.
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

Pure deliciousness
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess I am dreading going to the ILs for Christmas.  I JUST saw them all in October at the wedding. That's enough, isn't it?  And it's not because I would rather see my family.  I would rather stay here.  I've just had enough of his family for at least 6 months.  I know, I know - suck it up. 
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd600337-1b86-449d-a16e-4c8c9c627f29Post:8f530d7d-7377-4c16-b78f-8c3652fc3480">Re: *Confessions*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *Confessions* : Michelle!!!!!!! Bad girl!!!!

I totally just realized who michelle was!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I feel for all of you that have to split the holidays!! That is definitely harder than deciding which holiday to dedicate to which family...which I have a difficult time with.

I confess that I wish one of my BM's would quit so I don't have to unceremoniously fire her. I have been putting this off for over a month--I guess deep down I am hoping that she sees the err of her ways and realizes what a craptastic friend she has been lately and apologizes. FI would smack me if he knew I still felt this way since he wants to unceremoniously give her a piece of his mind.

Deepthi, I confess that I think your mom is looney tunes. Your wedding will be awesome!!!

Renee, I confess that I am a White Christmas wisher. After growing up in Maine, there isn't much else that makes it feel like XMas for me. I wish I could be there this year!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brooke anne.... love the baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that Phil Collins on Pandora is the only thing keeping me going right now. Well, besides you ladies of course :)
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd600337-1b86-449d-a16e-4c8c9c627f29Post:09c1905e-e67a-4a17-b943-7963f07eaf6a">Re: *Confessions*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *Confessions* : The only reason I hate hearing about it is because you are going through it still. Your wedding will be fabulous and you are not a disaster.  I hope you don't believe her ((HUG)).
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I honestly appreciate this! All she's doing is driving me away and not want to come home ever. Granted I think this maybe what she actually wants.

Anna I know what you mean. Is there anyway you can talk to your friend?
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    luckily our split holidays wont be as bad this year, we're spending christmas eve with the FI mother, grandmother, and mothers extended family...christmas morning at my parents, and then dinner at his fathers...

granted we have to drop his mother off at the airport at like 8:30 am christmas morning, we wont be at my parents till 10...and leave at like 5...i feel like my family is being rushed, but...it's not worth the argument...i'll pick my battles. lol

i confess that i'm going to murder this chick at a different office if she doesn't leave me alone...ugh!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a book exchange in our building.  The way it works is you take a book, read it and return it.  And you can volunteer your books for others to read.  I just took one and I'm not brining it back. 

I am going to cause a big stink at work, if given the opportunity.  It's just me and the crab this week and I'm almost at my wits end with her.  She is not a team player at all.  She keeps piling work on me, wanting me to go run errands while she sits in her office reading.  Besides that I'm on here, I have so much to do and I can't take a few hours off to go run errands because she refuses to do anything.  But if I do end up having to run them, you can bet that I will be taking my sweet ass time.  "Ooops, there just went my bus.  Oh was that another one?  I'm sorry I'm so late, I took the wrong bus by accident.  The bus was just so close to my house."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also confess that when I sign MIL's birthday card next year, I want to write Your daughter-in-law or something full of snark or actually address it myself and put "DH's Ma"- she hates being called Ma.  I'm also having a hard time not sending everyone but her a big pile of presents this year.  So in general I am having a hard time not acting like her right now.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i confess that this is the only email i've received all day that has made me smile:

This is undoubtedly the most expressive picture I've ever seen of an animal.  You can almost hear him say these words:
    "You want me to do what?"
    The look on this dog's face is priceless...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd600337-1b86-449d-a16e-4c8c9c627f29Post:74dcb4fe-8e06-4897-8c4b-a61d22f7d09a">Re: *Confessions*</a>:
    [QUOTE]i confess that this is the only email i've received all day that has made me smile: This is undoubtedly the most expressive picture I've ever seen of an animal.   You can almost hear him say these words: "You want me to do what?" The look on this dog's face is priceless...
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]

Haha I love the dogs face!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL at that poor dog!

Is it sad that I got excited when I noticed my Newbie medal under my avatar switched to a Bronze?
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Regarding splitting the holidays....

I JUST had a huge blow out with my FFIL and his wife over this.  They demanded that we come to their house for Christmas (which is in Killeen).  I refused.  For the past 4 years, we have done the weekend before Christmas with my dad's family, Christmas Eve with my mom's family, Christmas morning at our own house (we have a little girl... so Santa gifts are opened and played with) and then go to my FMIL's for Christmas night.  My FFIL and his wife are normally MIA for the holidays anyway and now, all of a sudden, they decide we HAVE to come? Um, no.

I offered for us to go down there to day after Christmas and they had a huge fit about that... and didn't talk to us for a few days.

I guess they finally conceded and we got an apology phone call from them, asking us to come down Sunday.

I.win.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd600337-1b86-449d-a16e-4c8c9c627f29Post:ac4ba9d2-615d-46c7-82b1-f206e9a4c33d">Re: *Confessions*</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the past 4 years, we have done the weekend before Christmas with my dad's family, Christmas Eve with my mom's family, Christmas morning at our own house (we have a little girl... so Santa gifts are opened and played with) and then go to my FMIL's for Christmas night.  My FFIL and his wife are normally MIA for the holidays anyway and now, all of a sudden, they decide we HAVE to come? Um, no. I offered for us to go down there to day after Christmas and they had a huge fit about that... and didn't talk to us for a few days. I guess they finally conceded and we got an apology phone call from them, asking us to come down Sunday. I.win.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

haha, that's AWESOME! epic win! :) we normally have the same thing as well...except we NEVER know where any of our family is going to be, it's always been known that...first come, first served. Whichever family makes their plans and lets us know first, then we let the others know. With the FI parents split we like many others have at LEAST 3 places to hit for holidays. Last year it worked out that both my parents and his father were out of town for christmas, so we did it either the weekend before or after the holiday. it worked out great...this week...will be a drive around! not looking forward to it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:fd600337-1b86-449d-a16e-4c8c9c627f29Post:ac4ba9d2-615d-46c7-82b1-f206e9a4c33d">Re: *Confessions*</a>:
    [QUOTE]. I.win.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards