Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

FI helping w/ the planning but it's making MOB mad...

Hello all,

I want to ask you all your opinions on something.

I know that traditionally the planning of the wedding is up to the bride and her mother. Well, for starters my mother and I have very different opinions in life and so naturally that is also coming true now that I am trying to plan my wedding. She believes wholeheartedly that the planning process should still be between her and I.

But my FI is actually excited about helping me plan and wants to be involved in the planning process too. He does have some meterosexual tendencies and does care a bit about style and all that so his opinion does matter here and I want him to be just as happy with everything on our day as I am. 

But my mom seems to be taking his involvement as a threat and keeps saying we are leaving her out when we aren't! When we "leave her out" we've actually just been too busy to even do any sort of planning or decision making! I even pulled my dad aside tonight and asked him what to do and he too thinks that it should all be done by just me and my mom and unfortunately that is not going to happen, my FI will not back down and I do not want him to either.

So how do I make her happy?

How can I continue planning and make mom understand that he just wants to help and not replace her or threaten her standiing in any way? I'm tired of trying to juggle all this.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards