Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

multipe family..how to honor?help!

Let me start by saying, my little brother and I were raised by my grand parents ever since we were about 8 and 6. Both my parents remarried, but both were very little in our lives. My grand father is walking me down the isle as he should do, because to me he is more my father. My soon to be in laws are also more in my life than my parents and are paying for most of the wedding.

I guess where im headed is, i would like to be the better person, and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to incorporate my dad and my mom or how to honor them in a small but meaningful way.

Any ideas?? Please help im tired of stressing. :

Re: multipe family..how to honor?help!

• Options
    Give them a boutonierre and a corsage.
  • Options
    I've seen this done, and I think it's a really nice and touching way to include multiple sets of parents.... when the officiant asks who is giving the bride away, you could have your parents stand up and say "We do" along with your grandfather or something like that. It's so sweet of you to want to include your parents in your big day, despite all you've been though!
  • Options
    Seat them in the front row with the grandparents, get them a bout and corsage, and ask them to stand up when you are at the end of the aisle while your grandfather says "Her family does" when they ask who presents you to be married.
  • Options
    If you are having a receiving line at the reception you could include them as well. Or let them eat with you and your new husband. Say a thank you to them during your toast maybe? Maybe, ask them to wear your wedding colors that day so they look like they are part of the mix even if they aren't. Though a corsage & boutonniere is a must if you intend to include them at all. It's kind of a "their with us" thing. And if that's all you intend to do for them that's fine too. Just some ideas. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards