Texas-San Antonio

Downtown Hotel Blocks??

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I'm getting married next June in downtown San Antonio(southwest school of art) and I'm looking for a hotel to accomodate our guests. Both my fiance and I are from the Dallas area so we will have a large number of out of town guests.

the Hyatt Regency quoted great prices and parking discounts but the contract is making me nervous. It says if we cancel our room block we will be charged $4000. Is that normal??

Does anyone recommend a hotel in the downtown area for a room block?

Thanks!!

Sophie

Re: Downtown Hotel Blocks??

• That is ridiculous!  Try some of the other hotels.  We had our reception at the Sheraton Gunter and most of our guests stayed there.  Our other hotel was the Drury Hotel and neither hotel's contract had a large penalty like that $4000 charge you mentioned.  There are many hotels in the downtown area to choose from so you shouldn't be bullied into some outrageous terms like that.  Best of luck!!!<div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_downtown-hotel-blocks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:103Discussion:04c848a0-13eb-45b0-9e87-7b61d973cfd7Post:9450be86-744d-4d34-a35d-b96041ffd1a6">Downtown Hotel Blocks??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm getting married next June in downtown San Antonio(southwest school of art) and I'm looking for a hotel to accomodate our guests. Both my fiance and I are from the Dallas area so we will have a large number of out of town guests. the Hyatt Regency quoted great prices and parking discounts but the contract is making me nervous. It says if we cancel our room block we will be charged $4000. Is that normal?? Does anyone recommend a hotel in the downtown area for a room block? Thanks!! Sophie
    Posted by sboca4[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • My fiance blocked some rooms at the Doubletree Downtown for another event. The service was great and everyone was happy to help. The rooms are very nice and they haev fresh cookies at the desk! I liked those. Not sure what the exact prices on the rooms were though. But if I remember correctly $150ish sounds right. Plus they have a pool and bar and a breakfast buffet in the morning.
    "Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards