Luxury Weddings

What is your budget?

Re: What is your budget?

• We are ending up at $30K/ 160 guests in North Jersey for which, TBH, I am totally patting myself on the back! This area is crazy expensive but we booked short notice and got a great deal on the venue.

FI, on the other hand, would have preferred to elope so he is still in shock at the total - even though this was the amount I had been shooting for but thought we'd go over.

You'd be surprised! We eloped and spent $30k for just the two of us, not including our rings.

If we're adding info of how many guests and location:

$30k, Australia, 0 guests

• We're probably going to be coming at in about $60K - $65K for roughly 200-225 guests attending (invites haven't been sent, but based off of verbal yes's/no's it should be in that ballpark range). Wedding will be in Southern New England. 

Doesn't include honeymoon or ring resizing (we'll be wearing my maternal grandparents' wedding bands. He proposed with maternal grandmother's engagement ring, so it "felt right" to use their bands - that my maternal grandfather designed - as well)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We decided on having a smaller wedding, not because of money, but because being surrounded by immediate family and friends was a priority for us (more our style). We're spending roughly $15,000 for our wedding with only 40 guests. 

We didn't include my ring or our honeymoon in that figure - honeymoon was paid for my FI's father and the adding the ring would double our budget and $15,000 sounds nice to me! haha
  • KikiMira said:
    Our budget was about 85K than some things came up and we decided to reno the kitchen this year so we cut it too 40K. Which at home would be an average wedding when you have 150 people attending. So we decided to move it to Vegas where you get more bang for your buck than at home and do an expensive/luxury wedding, we are coming into it at about 36K for 55 people (close friends and family only). I couldn't imagine the prices in Chicago!
    So we are married now!! I just wanted to let you know what we actually came in at! 

Vegas cost us $37K all in.
    Home reception cost us $6500 (less the $2K my parents put in towards it) we paid $4500 out of pocket. 

So our total out of pocket was $41500. So we went over budget buy a bit but not much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours cost $10,000 (minus the food, which my parents paid for). This total includes the venue, my dress and alterations, all decorations, favors, linens, chairs, cake, rings, tuxes, rehearsal dinner, and most gifts. If you count the honeymoon, we spent around $14,000. :)
  • And the DJ and photographer also.
  • NW1983NW1983 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Our budget is 60K for 300 people.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Our budget was 25k. We'll end up spending about 30k if we get the number of people I'm anticipating (150). I was originally planning for 125 but we kept adding people to the guest list and that added to the budget plus I wanted to extend our reception by an hour so that was extra cost for the photographer, dj, venue, and alcohol.

• ours is around $30K.... we're getting married at a ranch in Hawaii (destination wedding) and have invited 175 guests... not sure how many will make it yet! i'm lucky that my parents live there so my fiance and i will be staying there for free. i'll update you guys on the final cost after october :)

cool thread, it's helpful to put things in perspective!
  • I just got engaged, but my parents spent 50k on my brother's wedding so they said that's what they're giving me too. But that's just from my parents. We still need to find out what my FIL are giving.
  • I just got engaged, but my parents spent 50k on my brother's wedding so they said that's what they're giving me too. But that's just from my parents. We still need to find out what my FIL are giving.
    I'm not saying you are, but be careful about expecting parents to contribute. Some will offer (as yours did) and some will not (as my H's did not). The planning must go on without them!
    *********************************************************************************

• lschwar2 said:
    Yikes.  Our budget is 120k not including rings, dress, accessories, hair, makeup; but it seems that we're going to be coming in over that unfortunately.  Chicago is just so expensive, it's awful.  We're not even having a big wedding (inviting ~220, so expect ~200 guests), it's at a very mediocre venue, and there have already been a ton of things I've wanted to do but haven't been able to afford.  And I don't mean to say that I wish we had a bigger budget..I'm more just frustrated that our dollar doesn't seem to go nearly as far in Chicago as it would in many other cities.  Like I'm sure a lot of you ladies with smaller budgets that live in smaller towns will be having weddings that are much more "luxurious" than mine will be.
    Wow. I have a $25k budget in Chicago for 80 guests.  It can be done :) 

• silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited July 2014
    Our budget was about 21k for 105 people in Northern NJ, which included everything but the honeymoon and the RD. When we first started planning, we didn't think it was going to be possible to have the luxurious wedding we wanted, in our budget, on a Saturday night in NJ.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are at about $30k for 80 people in Ohio not including honeymoon or rings.
  • MegEn1MegEn1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    Ours will likely be about $40,000 all things considered except e-ring and honeymoon. 130 people outside of Washington, DC. 

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Our budget is between $65 to $70k for 110 to 120 people in Toronto, Canada. The budget doesn't include my engagement ring, wedding rings, honeymoon and rehearsal dinner. We are paying for the entire wedding ourselves.
  • I discussed this with Fi the other night and he estimates that we'll spend about $30,000 on everything for our wedding with 6 guests (that is also including the hmoon, which is about $10,000 he said). We haven't gotten finalized invoices for flower and food yet though, so this is just our estimate of costs.
  • I think we are having a luxury wedding on a budget. Our personal budget is about 10K but we also have various people helping us out. From what we have so far we are at about 12K and we still haven't booked flowers, music, make up, Fi's attire, my shoes and veil, and some other details.  And that doesnt include rings. From the look of things we will end up spending around 15K (18k if we count the honeymoon to Vegas)

We are having a full course meal with options at a well known fancy restaurant, full open bar, free valet parking and lots of dancing. We are also having tons of cake (traditional, chocolate, lemon, and a swirl of traditional and chocolate), lillies and orchids, etc. 

We are also having 150+ guests. I dont like flowers so there wont be many of those. 

• mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    We are at 21k for our wedding/reception/honeymoon for around 220 guests in Iowa. Which I guess is kind of expensive for this area. The wedding/reception alone will be around 17k.

• Just my venue is 45K. I won't know the total til we get there.  Still 11 months away.
  • Our budget is 30k for about 225 people- also in Chicago. It's all about what you choose to spend money on. Our venue is expensive, but we made the choice to have it at a hotel so that our out of town guests would be comfortable and not have to try to navigate the suburbs. I bought my dress at a outlet and we are forgoing flower arrangement centerpieces for diy silk flowers, found a photographer from a small town outside the area who was cheaper, etc to save on expenses. Ultimately, we don't care as much about the little details as much as we care about making sure that we have the best party possible for our guests.  
  • Just my venue is 45K. I won't know the total til we get there.  Still 11 months away.

Wow! What is your venue if you don't mind my asking?
    *********************************************************************************

• NotTheOnlyOneNotTheOnlyOne member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Just my venue is 45K. I won't know the total til we get there.  Still 11 months away.

Sure! It's the Trump National Doral in Miami. If you watched Miss Universe last night, it was the host venue.

Sure! It's the Trump National Doral in Miami. If you watched Miss Universe last night, it was the host venue.
    Really pretty!!! Please AW pics when it's all said and done!

I think this was on the apprentice last night, and I just googled it, and it's GORGEOUS!  Please post pics afterwords!

I think this was on the apprentice last night, and I just googled it, and it's GORGEOUS!  Please post pics afterwords!
    It was!  I never watch that show but I sat through it hoping they would SHOW the hotel.  

Of course!  I feel like it's forver away!
  • Our budget is around 500k. It wont look like that though because a decent portion of that was spent paying for travel/accommodations/food/ activities for most of the guests for the weekend.
  • majorkira said:
    Our budget is around 500k. It wont look like that though because a decent portion of that was spent paying for travel/accommodations/food/ activities for most of the guests for the weekend.
    OMG- 2 months into planning, I certainly can understand how you can possibly have a 100k or even 200k wedding, but 500k? I wanna know details!
  • chloe97 said:
    majorkira said:
    Our budget is around 500k. It wont look like that though because a decent portion of that was spent paying for travel/accommodations/food/ activities for most of the guests for the weekend.
    OMG- 2 months into planning, I certainly can understand how you can possibly have a 100k or even 200k wedding, but 500k? I wanna know details!
    Same!! Where are you getting married? 

• chloe97 said:
    majorkira said:
    At a Resort in the south. The flights/food/hotel rooms added up to be about 380k so it (hopefully) won't look too too insane. Not that 120k isn't insane. I had a friend who's budget was similar and she re-carpeted their hotel venue because it didn't match the color scheme. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards