Luxury Weddings

What is your budget?

12346»

Re: What is your budget?

• chloe97 said:
    majorkira said:
    Our budget is around 500k. It wont look like that though because a decent portion of that was spent paying for travel/accommodations/food/ activities for most of the guests for the weekend.
    OMG- 2 months into planning, I certainly can understand how you can possibly have a 100k or even 200k wedding, but 500k? I wanna know details!
    Same!! Where are you getting married? 

Getting married at Blackberry farm in Walland TN
  • majorkira said:

chloe97 said:
    majorkira said:
    Our budget is around 500k. It wont look like that though because a decent portion of that was spent paying for travel/accommodations/food/ activities for most of the guests for the weekend.
    OMG- 2 months into planning, I certainly can understand how you can possibly have a 100k or even 200k wedding, but 500k? I wanna know details!
    At a Resort in the south. The flights/food/hotel rooms added up to be about 380k so it (hopefully) won't look too too insane. Not that 120k isn't insane. I had a friend who's budget was similar and she re-carpeted their hotel venue because it didn't match the color scheme. 
    Amazing! I'd love to see photos of your venue! 

I hope you know that you aren't required to pay for everyone's travel/lodging - that seems to be eating up a large portion of your budget. It's nice but not necessary. How many people are you inviting?
    *********************************************************************************

• majorkira said:

chloe97 said:
    majorkira said:
    At a Resort in the south. The flights/food/hotel rooms added up to be about 380k so it (hopefully) won't look too too insane. Not that 120k isn't insane. I had a friend who's budget was similar and she re-carpeted their hotel venue because it didn't match the color scheme. 

I hope you know that you aren't required to pay for everyone's travel/lodging - that seems to be eating up a large portion of your budget. It's nice but not necessary. How many people are you inviting?
    125 people total
  • Our budget was supposed to be around 150k for about 250-300 people. This is in Toronto and we were planning a backyard reception a la Father of the Bride. Buuuuuut due to some drama in FI's family, we've decided to do a "planned elopement"/destination wedding. We'll be getting married in Newport,RI with 40 of our family members. So far, I'm projecting a 30-50k spend. Stilly trying to decide if we're paying for his family's accommodations/airfare.
  • timayyyyytimayyyyy member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2015
    majorkira said:
    majorkira said:

chloe97 said:
    majorkira said:

125 people total

We've been meaning to go to Blackberry Farm. What a fantastic venue for your wedding!! It's so idyllic and beautifully pastoral! Please post pictures of your wedding!
  • majorkira said:

chloe97 said:
    majorkira said:
    I'm sorry but your friend did what?!  

• The first few pages of this thread made me feel better about ours. I'm not sure if ours is completely a "luxury wedding", but we are inviting 140 guests at a pretty hotel ballroom with an open bar, signature drink, wine and scotch tasting during cocktail hour, and tons of food during the event for $35-40k (depending on number of people who attend). 

We are getting married in a tent outside in the hotel gardens and will have draped fabric lining the ceiling to make it more formal as well, and we are having a water, lemonade, and iced tea station set up in the tent for guests pre-ceremony. I think it is pretty luxurious. That doesn't include the honeymoon either. 

• majorkira said:

chloe97 said:

majorkira said:

I'm sorry but your friend did what?!  

Oh yea. The Beverly hills hotel. Their color theme was "white and crystal"  and they covered the ceiling in crystals/ white orchids. 
  • Our budget is 550K. We are having one big Persian/AA and Japanese blow out wedding. The food and bar  should be one of the main highlights of our wedding.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• KatWAG said:

I dont believe for one second that the Beverly Hills Hotel would allow some bride to re carpet their hotel for a wedding. Even if the bride paid all the costs.

It would completely distrupt business and inconvinence all the guests.

They don't do they ENTIRE hotel. Just the area the reception was in. I think they did need to pay for the time it made that area unavailable for other events.
  • majorkira said:

KatWAG said:

I dont believe for one second that the Beverly Hills Hotel would allow some bride to re carpet their hotel for a wedding. Even if the bride paid all the costs.

It would completely distrupt business and inconvinence all the guests.

They don't do they ENTIRE hotel. Just the area the reception was in. I think they did need to pay for the time it made that area unavailable for other events.
    I've seen people on Platinum Weddings do this.  If you pay enough, you can do whatever you want.
  • holy sh*t at the people spending $80 000-$100 000, that's like 1/2 of what our mortgage for our house is. If my parents said we could have a sh*t ton of money I would use it for my student loans. Even $40 000 would pay off my student loan or my car payments!

Question to all you luxury brides, do you own homes and live debt free? If not, how do you justify (in the scheme of things) spending the equivalent of a HUGE (in some areas of the country) downpayment on one day? I'm honestly trying not to snark, I'm legitimately curious.

I think it depends on the bride and groom. Some people do it because they can afford to, other at a sacrifice because they feel emotionally compelled to. For my husband and I (me being an designer/artist), it was a tremendously welcome opportunity to share a living piece of our collective aesthetic-- which we would have wanted to do wedding or not. We wanted the opportunity to share that dream on our special day and it was important to both of us to have that-- as you mentioned, trading some other life experiences for it. It just depends on how much it personally means to a person.
  • We are at 60K (no rings/honeymoon included in that) for 150 people.  $206 pp plated dinner.
  • alhaley88alhaley88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    25K is our budget and for our family and friends, it will be extremely luxurious. We are very excited about being able to plan our dream wedding with that budget. We are paying for everything, and we are sensible enough to know that for one day, and our family, that our budget is more than enough. We don't live in a super expensive area (Indianapolis, IN) and weddings here are more affordable, even for higher end venues, than in other places. So for us, 25k covers everything we could possibly want and it will be luxurious and fabulous and the best day of our life.

EDIT: This does not include rings, honeymoon, and my dress. If that is all included in the final cost, it takes the total to around 45K.

• My original budget was around $15K. However, I have gone over that by $10K...not including rehearsal dinner.

This is both a second wedding for us both but a first traditional wedding for us too. My first was a shot gun wedding in Vegas and his was courthouse.

Unfortunately my mother passed away 2 1/2 years ago, had she been alive, she would have definitely paid for the wedding. Since her passing, my brother and I have agreed to let me spend some of inheritance money on this. Before she passed, she always said my next wedding would be done right...so I'm honoring her wish. We'll have a memory table for her and some added touches that I know she'd love.

The things that I have gone over budget for has been mostly for catering and hiring a coordinator. We decided on doing plated instead of buffet. Thankfully it's a smaller wedding (40-50 ppl). 

But I'm happy with what's been planned so far, and it makes me happy, knowing she'd be happy. Silly... but I'm okay with that :) lol 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My original budget was around $15K. However, I have gone over that by $10K...not including rehearsal dinner.

This is both a second wedding for us both but a first traditional wedding for us too. My first was a shot gun wedding in Vegas and his was courthouse.

Unfortunately my mother passed away 2 1/2 years ago, had she been alive, she would have definitely paid for the wedding. Since her passing, my brother and I have agreed to let me spend some of inheritance money on this. Before she passed, she always said my next wedding would be done right...so I'm honoring her wish. We'll have a memory table for her and some added touches that I know she'd love.

The things that I have gone over budget for has been mostly for catering and hiring a coordinator. We decided on doing plated instead of buffet. Thankfully it's a smaller wedding (40-50 ppl). 

But I'm happy with what's been planned so far, and it makes me happy, knowing she'd be happy. Silly... but I'm okay with that :) lol 

A "wedding done right" is when two people make a commitment to one another by getting married. That means it can be an elopement, a small civil ceremony or a traditional religious ceremony. It's nice that you want to have the wedding that your mom wanted you to have, but you shouldn't look down on other types of weddings, including your previous weddings (regardless of the outcome with that spouse.)

A "wedding done right" is when two people make a commitment to one another by getting married. That means it can be an elopement, a small civil ceremony or a traditional religious ceremony. It's nice that you want to have the wedding that your mom wanted you to have, but you shouldn't look down on other types of weddings, including your previous weddings (regardless of the outcome with that spouse.)
    I didn't take it as her looking down on elopements or small civil ceremonies. I took it as her regretting that it was a shotgun wedding and that she didn't plan/get the full wedding experience. I have two friends who both had shotgun weddings (not to each other) and both expressed the same kind of regret.
  • 40K for wedding (at least 125 guests in Central PA)

10k for engagement and probably another 10k for my wedding band & his

15-20k for our pre-honeymoon/bachelor/bachelorette we're planning in Key West

• 40K for wedding (at least 125 guests in Central PA)

10k for engagement and probably another 10k for my wedding band & his

15-20k for our pre-honeymoon/bachelor/bachelorette we're planning in Key West

You really should not be planning your own bach parties. Its pretty tacky.

Also, this thread is YEARS old. If you want to have a conversation about budgets, start a new tread.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was hoping this thread would just vanish into the past. Seems it's going to keep popping up.

-Closed-

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards